PDA

View Full Version : my journey

Danica
07-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Well it all started knew years day 2010. My thumb hurt but summed it up to the night before with it being new years and all. A few days pass and so does the pain. Then my ankle started st swell. The doc said you were a gymnast it is just tendonitis. Wrong. Again it too passes. Then my elbows go. Then the ankles and feet again. After multiple trips to er and several miss diagnoses I startd to cough up blood. By the 25th I was near dead. By the 28th I received the first of 10 transfusion. Thank you canadian blood services. I woke up9 days latter in st. Pauls icu in vanvouver. They had already started me on plazma exchange, high dose pred and chemo. They did keep ke long enough to receive 14 rounds of plex. I was home by march and all was going well so I though. As it turns out my body rejected the chemo. So I found myself back on my death bed this time with bleeding from my bladder. Didn't even know that could happen. Back to vancouver again for mor plex and the doctors decidd at that time to try something new. Cell cept.typically used for transplant patients. I am still on it today.3000mg daily along with pred tecta blood preasure antbiotic and vitamins.
I decided though that it will not win. I am far too stuborn for that. I will own this.
So her I am and that is my story.

Dirty Don
07-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Welcome, again, Danica. Your story sounds awfully familiar as I went thru a similar first part, but chemo worked on me. Have you and/or your docs considered any of the other drugs available such as rtx, or maybe you don't need a stronger one. And, yes, you're right, with your attitude, you will own this...no choices really! Best of luck.

mishb
07-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Good for you Danica :thumbsup:

It can knock us down but we will continue to struggle back up.

You are correct, we cannot and will not let it beat us

Danica
07-19-2013, 02:53 PM
I just talked to the doc tuesday about rtx. They want to keep it on the back burned just in case i need the big guns later.

Anth
08-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Keep a positive.. I think it's the best kind of medication

drz
08-05-2013, 08:05 AM
I just talked to the doc tuesday about rtx. They want to keep it on the back burned just in case i need the big guns later.

I am on the same plan and it makes sense to me.