PDA

View Full Version : Research that may be useful to us weggies

Pete
07-19-2013, 02:21 AM
Came across this on the VF facebook page this morning. Hope it works! Researcher finds way to convert blood cells into autoimmune disease treatment (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130717200132.htm#.Uefh0G6NQCo.facebook):thumbsup:

Dirty Don
07-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Came across this on the VF facebook page this morning. Hope it works! Researcher finds way to convert blood cells into autoimmune disease treatment (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130717200132.htm#.Uefh0G6NQCo.facebook):thumbsup:

The link or the treatment?! LOL! VERY interesting article. Am saving it for quarterly exams next week to show the doc.

Barbara N
07-22-2013, 03:10 AM
The link or the treatment?! LOL! VERY interesting article. Am saving it for quarterly exams next week to show the doc.

I don't want to sound too stupid but where is the article? I would love to copy it,

Pete
07-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi Barbara,

If you click on the word "Researcher" in my post, the article should open.

annekat
07-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Very, very interesting! The guy who discovered this sounds like a brilliant scientist. I hope if this turns out to be IT, that they are able to get it going in time to help all of us! And the many more people with all kinds of AI diseases.

Debbie C
07-23-2013, 07:34 AM
That was interesting Pete, That would be great if it works ,I think I'll show my doc also

mr.g
07-23-2013, 02:41 PM
My son does computer programing for a company that does this T-cell "training" to attack prostate cancer cells. They have FDA approval for the process. I think he said it costs $90,000.... Correct me if I am wrong. They would take my white blood cells, send them to school, put them back in my cute little body, and that would stop the autoimmune problem in my body as it exists at that point???? The damage to my joints, lungs, kidneys, throat, PN, nose. eyes, ears, etc. will remain???? The drugs I have taken have saved my life twice. Having said that, I would be grateful to live with that damage if I could stop taking the meds. In the future they will be able to use the T-cells to rebuild our damaged parts. Last week a lab here in Seattle is using T-cells to grow an intestine for an infant who has no intestine. I am 80 years old and I would be willing to be the lab rat for T-cell experiments on my damaged parts. But they need to hurry up.

mishb
07-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I am on my computer at work and at home, everyday, and never in a million years could I think of doing anything like this.
What these people (and your son) can do, is beyond amazing.

Imagine what famous medical inventors and such, like Loius Pasteur or Alexander Fleming, could do these days with the aide or help of a computer.

The mind boggles