PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone.

Danica
07-18-2013, 10:46 AM
I must say it has taken me forever to get my account up and running, but i have been reading the forum for some time now. I have been living a wagtacular life since January of 210 I gotta say it was a heck of a game changer but now 3.5 years in in have come to terms and accepted this is a part of me now.

I see alot of discussions about flares, symptoms etc.. and for the longest time i though i was all alone until i saw this site. So for thank i thank you. All of you.

Pete
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi Danica,

Welcome to the forum - aka the Worldwide Weggie Web. Hope you're doing ok and getting what you need from us.

drz
07-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Wagtacular--now there is a term for us all! love it!

Is it better than doing
Weggie Good?

annekat
07-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Welcome, Danica! I'm glad you finally got on here and you must already feel you know a bunch of us by now. I look forward to hearing more from you. I know there is at least one other person on here from British Columbia, and you might check the Weggie Map, link at top of page, to see if you are near another Weggie. If you haven't already done so, that is! I don't know what I would do without this forum.

pberggren1
07-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Welcome Danica!

I know some other Weggies in BC and my brother lives in Salmon Arm. I will be there the last 2 weeks in August at least.

pberggren1
07-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Danica, are you on facebook as well? There are some other Weggie groups and vasci groups on there too, but this one is by far the best.

mishb
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi Danica,

I'm glad you finally got on here so that you too, can join in the fun.

I guess you have already figured out that being a weggie is an exclusive club and it takes a great deal of pain to become a member :flapper:

Take care

Danica
07-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Thank you for all of the warm welcomes. If you can believe it, there is another lady in my office who was diagnosed a year and a half after me, so i have a person to talk to daily about this. She is lucky and has been in remission for about a year now. They managed to catch it really early with her. Me on the other hand. We i had a wild ride for the first year or so to say the very least and since then regular blips like the eyes, stenosis, flare after flare after flare, nose bleeds etc....
Thank god for a very supportive husband.

pberggren1
07-19-2013, 03:32 AM
I'm glad you have local support at work like that and a supportive husband. Do you guys have kids?

Danica
07-19-2013, 06:36 AM
No kids.we were starting to plan for kids before I got sick so it was a bit of a blessing we waited. I do have two of the best dogs a girlcould ask for. A dobermain mix and a boxer. They have been a big part of my emotional recovery

Alysia
07-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Wagtacular--now there is a term for us all! love it!

can anyone explain to me what is "wagtacular"? (english is not my language)

Hi Danica. welcome to this amazing place :hug3:
I dont know if I could survive mentally and physically without it.
having a friend weggie at your work is very helping.
I never met any weggie face to face :crying:
but what is worst, is that most of my docs also never met any weggie but me :w00t:
my "poor" ENT is holding the sides of his chair whenever he see me stepping to his office, he doesnt know what to do with me :confused1:
I hope you have good docs. that is the "key" for recovery.