PDA

View Full Version : Hello There

Reetsky
07-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Joined site today. Was diagnosed with Wegeners (now known as GPA) and stage 5 CKD a year ago but still not stabilised as toxic meds keep lowering WBC count! Anyway, hope to learn more and share new acquaintances. :biggrin1:

mishb
07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi Reetsky and welcome to the forum.

We would love to hear how your "crazy" year has been. What meds you are taking, what doctors you are seeing etc.
Are you on the kidney transplant list, what other organs are affected.......wow, lots of questions

Here's the big one - where are you from? :wink1:

Actually it doesn't really matter about all of the above - I'm just glad you are here :thumbsup:

Reetsky
07-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Michelle
Nice to talk to you. Just put story on forum, it's a long one!! I'm from Scotland.

Happy Trails,
Reetsky.

annekat
07-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Aha! I just welcomed someone from Ireland and told him I knew there were others from the British Isles on the forum, but I wasn't sure about Scotland. Now I know better! Welcome to the best place for any info about Wegeners. I'm sorry about the CKD. That is a double whammy. Check the Weggies Map link at top of page to see if anyone from Scotland might have added their name to it. It can be great to communicate with other Weggies nearby or meet them in person. Looking forward to reading your story. Long ones are fine.

mishb
07-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Aha! I just welcomed someone from Ireland and told him I knew there were others from the British Isles on the forum, but I wasn't sure about Scotland. Now I know better! Welcome to the best place for any info about Wegeners. I'm sorry about the CKD. That is a double whammy. Check the Weggies Map link at top of page to see if anyone from Scotland might have added their name to it. It can be great to communicate with other Weggies nearby or meet them in person. Looking forward to reading your story. Long ones are fine.

Just wanted to say that I love your new avatar anne
- just gorgeous.

(notice I didn't mention what the avatar is, that way when you want to change it, to a picture of you or something - it will still say "just gorgeous") :thumbsup: