PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Doing Better!!!

Mothers Favorite Son
07-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Nothing new to report. Mom is still tolerating her medication well, and losing her hair has been the worst side effect to date. It's bringing back memories of when my Grandma, Mom's Mother, was losing her hair when she was fighting cancer. I am more concerned how this illness is affecting my Mom psychologically. The last three visits, I stay with her from the moment I arrive in town until I leave. She seems like she is putting on a brave front, but I can tell she is quite worried.

Dirty Don
07-15-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm right at two years since the onslaught of the dx. Been pretty scared/tentative/lost at times...it's only been in recent months that I've started to slow/stop the worrying...I've found a steady ground of vigilance and renewed confidences. And, I feel better too...woohoo!

annekat
07-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Nothing new to report. Mom is still tolerating her medication well, and losing her hair has been the worst side effect to date. It's bringing back memories of when my Grandma, Mom's Mother, was losing her hair when she was fighting cancer. I am more concerned how this illness is affecting my Mom psychologically. The last three visits, I stay with her from the moment I arrive in town until I leave. She seems like she is putting on a brave front, but I can tell she is quite worried. You might tell Mom that some people's hair grows back thicker, and possibly curlier, after the period of chemo. And for Weggies on CTX, the loss can be initially bad but then taper off. It's normal for her to be worried. I was, too, but like Don , am less and less. Mom is doing well and will continue to do so, I think!