PDA

View Full Version : Nanobits

Rini
07-06-2013, 04:46 PM
I was listening o the radio and got really excited to hear they have finally scheduled human trials for the nano-bit project. I do not really think I understand all of it but please read this and tell me what you think.
NANObits: McGill/JGH researchers successfully reverse multiple sclerosis in animals (http://donpatent.blogspot.com/2009/08/mcgilljgh-researchers-successfully.html)

Dirty Don
07-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Very interesting, have been watching it also...love the idea of going nano instead of chemical completely...alter the body, I believe it's called 'forced evolution'...and that brings its own set of problems, of course...but, hey, if it works, I'll be in line with ya Rini!!!!!

marylz
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Very interesting. But I think it will take a long while to be used in humans, unfortunately. It is wonderful that it has seemed to work with mice!

annekat
07-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks for sharing, Rini. It does sound super interesting and promising! I wish things didn't have to take so long for them to use new successful treatments on humans. Maybe too late for many of us! But it actually sounds like a miracle that they could discover something like this, even though I barely understand it. The term "nano-bit" throws me for a loop in the first place; don't know what it means.

Dirty Don
07-08-2013, 05:17 AM
The term "nano-bit" throws me for a loop in the first place; don't know what it means.

Really really little tiny things that go inside and fix you!! LOL! Then if you want super tiny, you go 'quantum'! Any more questions Anne?!?!?!

Barbara N
07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Has any one heard of Lyrica. It is a non opiate pain killer. They are trying to switch me over. It has no horrible side effects like morphine and really seems to leave you totally pain free for about 5 hours. so far it seems like a winner to me.

Pete
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
It's heavily advertised in the USA. I believe it's used for rheumatoid arthritis.

annekat
07-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Really really little tiny things that go inside and fix you!! LOL! Then if you want super tiny, you go 'quantum'! Any more questions Anne?!?!?! Ha, ha, Don! No, I still do not get it. But if it fixes me I guess it is a good thing.

Rini
07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I have herd rummer that this idea has already been transferred from robot to chemical structure and is being tried in humans. Don't worry anne it is just like it sounds, itty bitty tiny technology...fake blood cells in a way. I am REALLLY excited but do uderstand it still has some time...I really think It will be up there with the next science race tho...cancer and AIDS would be a branch off this and that would ketch media fire and sponsorship fast.

drz
07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Has any one heard of Lyrica. It is a non opiate pain killer. They are trying to switch me over. It has no horrible side effects like morphine and really seems to leave you totally pain free for about 5 hours. so far it seems like a winner to me.

It is consider the newest drug for treating pain from neuropathy and reported to be helpful to some people. I haven't needed it so far but did try one of the older drugs many years ago for neuropathy pain.

drz
07-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I was listening o the radio and got really excited to hear they have finally scheduled human trials for the nano-bit project. I do not really think I understand all of it but please read this and tell me what you think.
NANObits: McGill/JGH researchers successfully reverse multiple sclerosis in animals (http://donpatent.blogspot.com/2009/08/mcgilljgh-researchers-successfully.html)

I like the idea of fixing the B cells instead of just removing them or killing them off. This is another step closer to Al's dream of fixing our immune system instead of just suppressing it. If they can add microscopic bits of radioactivity to mouse cells and add then them to RTX to make Zevalin to kill off the lymphoma cancer cells, this should be easy, right?

Pete
07-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Correction to my earlier post regarding Lyrica: It's used to treat diabetic nerve pain. Sorry. I should have googled before I started typing.

Barbara N
07-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I have herd rummer that this idea has already been transferred from robot to chemical structure and is being tried in humans. Don't worry anne it is just like it sounds, itty bitty tiny technology...fake blood cells in a way. I am REALLLY excited but do uderstand it still has some time...I really think It will be up there with the next science race tho...cancer and AIDS would be a branch off this and that would ketch media fire and sponsorship fast.

Sounds fantastic.

Barbara N
07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Correction to my earlier post regarding Lyrica: It's used to treat diabetic nerve pain. Sorry. I should have googled before I started typing.

Pete, what did you find out about Lyrica. I don't have diabetes
and I'm not overweight, For some reason these doctors seem to think that all of us that need this medication have both and I have neither. It really works for pain though with out leaving you feeling groggy.

Pete
07-10-2013, 03:18 AM
Hi Barbara,

The website LYRICAŽ (pregabalin) CV | Fibromyalgia Treatment | Safety Info (http://www.lyrica.com) should answer most of your questions.