PDA

View Full Version : This site provides a rather through discussion of most aspects of GPA:

drz
07-05-2013, 08:46 PM
This is most in depth explanation I have found on many aspects of GPA. If you study all the links you will get a good education on GPA.

What Is Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis and Microscopic Polyangiitis (http://www.gpa-mpaclinical.com/overview/introduction)

Warning: Learning about all the problems GPA can cause seemed rather depressing to me but at least it is good to know what problems we should be aware of and help us recognize them earlier.

The vascular damage index and other evaluation forms seems to give us a way to evaluate what GPA has done to us so far.

mishb
07-05-2013, 10:57 PM
That's rather Gross, drz......thanks for sharing - lol
Also, rather amazing to look at, all the same......scary stuff (stupid disease)

Alysia
07-06-2013, 03:04 AM
Hi drz, this site is very teaching.
from what I read so far, silica dust is a factor that causes GPA.
thanks.

Barbara N
07-07-2013, 05:31 AM
This is most in depth explanation I have found on many aspects of GPA. If you study all the links you will get a good education on GPA.

What Is Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis and Microscopic Polyangiitis (http://www.gpa-mpaclinical.com/overview/introduction)

Warning: Learning about all the problems GPA can cause seemed rather depressing to me but at least it is good to know what problems we should be aware of and help us recognize them earlier.

The vascular damage index and other evaluation forms seems to give us a way to evaluate what GPA has done to us so far.

I found it a little hard to follow but it is very interesting.

annekat
07-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Looks pretty technical... my late pathologist dad would have loved it. But have bookmarked it to explore further when less tired. Thanks, drz.

Yes, Alysia, the silica dust thing is interesting, especially to me, as I work with clay for my livelihood. And there is a lot of silica dust in the world besides in a potter's studio. I actually haven't read that part on the site, yet, but certainly intend to, and have heard of the issue before on here.