PDA

View Full Version : On the Green - Juice that is...

Cekmsover
07-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys,

I went and saw the eye doctor today for a check up on my Scleritis. From October 2011 - December 12, the scleritis in my eyes was so bad that I had to have two steroid injections while awake under my eye lid and into the back of my eye ball. MTX, High Dose Pred, the list goes on....

Three nurses pinned me down while the doctor gave the injections. Sorry to gross you out but I could feel and hear the needle scratching around inside my brain, it was a really really yucky experience. I went home that night and balled my eyes out which may the pain worse. Whoops.

6 months after my Rituximab treatment (scleritis gone), bang the scleritis came back, and it was wondering is this going to be another 12 months of horrific pain, can’t see properly outside, going to work looking like a demon??

I started taking lots of Olive Leaf with a parasite cleanse.

I have also been drinking over a litre a day of green vegetable juice. In the last 4 weeks, 85% of the blood has gone from my eyes. The professor and director of the hospital saw me today and nearly feel off his chair...."what have you been doing, what have you been taking he said".

I am on 5mg of pred, so I think this helps...but I think the body has helped itself a bit, or maybe just really lucky, I mean really lucky as you don’t wish Scleritis upon anyone.

So guys I must say that since I have been drinking green juice everyday (I call it swamp juice) my overall pain in the body and general feeling has got better. If I can use this as a pain killer, that’s one less tablet I’ll take anyday. Nothing much happens for a couple of weeks, but then it starts to really kick in. Pound for Pound the green juices (kale, spinach, broccoli, chicory) are nature’s biggest weapons to cool the body down and help wash some some of the sludge that accrues in our system. They spin you out a bit at the start, but it gets better.

Alysia
07-01-2013, 11:45 PM
wow, this sound great :thumbup:
can you write the exact recipe?

Pete
07-02-2013, 04:56 AM
Hey C,

Is this the juice that's featured in Fat Sick and Nearly Dead | a Joe Cross Film (http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/)?

Cekmsover
07-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey C,

Is this the juice that's featured in Fat Sick and Nearly Dead | a Joe Cross Film (http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/)?

Hi Ya,

Yes its the mean green.

4 big kale leaves
1 green apple
small knob of ginger
2 stalks of celery
half a lebanese cucumber
Some spinach if your looking for an extra kick
1 lemon or lime depending on what you prefer

Juice and put on ice.

The best juicer is the Huroom slow juicer (mascarating) or the Oscar Neo - I also have a breville juicer but they spin two fast. The slow juicer takes longer, but the pulp is dry as a stick and its is like night and day compared to the high spinning centrefugal juicers.

Good luck and I hope it gets some pain down.

Debbie C
07-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I saw a promo on t.v. last nite for a bullet (god..I just forgot what it was called...I think I am losing it ) but it wasn't a blender or a juicer and it blended everything up really good to where there was no pulp or grid left. It was about $ 200.00 though. Damn I wish I can remeber what it was called...Bullet something ???:confused:

mishb
07-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Alysia,

Would that be the Magic Bullet Blender?

It looks fantastic only telly so we bought one...... it lasted for about 2 weeks
- didn't work like it did on the television.

Debbie C
07-05-2013, 02:51 AM
No I finally remembered it was call the Nutri Bullet, I think it's the next version the the magic bullet. But no good huh ???

Alysia
07-05-2013, 03:37 AM
can't we use simple blender ? the one that we shake banana & milk or baby food etc. ? cheeper, available and maybe doing the same job ?

annekat
07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
can't we use simple blender ? the one that we shake banana & milk or baby food etc. ? cheeper, available and maybe doing the same job ? I agree, this stuff sounds great, but we can't all afford a good juicer. I know there is a difference between pureeing and juicing, but wonder if the nutrients would be the same. Juice does sound a little easier to get down than swallowing a bunch of pulp, though. Perhaps there are cheaper juicers available that still provide juice?

annekat
07-05-2013, 03:46 PM
There is a "green smoothie" available at the farmers market where I sell. I think it contains some of these same ingredients but is a blended drink rather than a juice. I haven't tried one yet but will find out more about it. Could be an option for those who don't have a juicer.