PDA

View Full Version : Africa Trip Vaccinations

noclee
07-01-2013, 12:29 AM
In the coming wks I'm going to need to travel Kenya with business for a few days staying in Nairobi and wondering what other WG suffers have done in the past for HEPATITIS 'A' / HEPATITIS 'B' /MENINGO-COCCAL MENINGITIS / RABIES / TYPHOID FEVER / YELLOW FEVER vaccinations and MALARIA tablets.
I haven't had to take any meds in 2 years and my WG has been dormant now for the last 1.5 years flare ups etc.

Tks,
Patrick.

drz
07-01-2013, 04:05 AM
Marta went to China recently and can tell you what shots she took or was advised to take for the trip.

noclee
07-01-2013, 04:18 AM
Tks will pm Marta. Anyone else have any experience with vaccinations.

Debbie C
07-01-2013, 10:57 AM
no I don't but I hope you have a safe and good trip. Wish I could go,I miss traveling so much !! TAKE CARE

Marilyn
07-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Just a note about vaccines, I took a shingles shot last Mon. Had a huge reaction, I know it isn't the ones you have to take to travel, but I was really surprised! I love hearing how well you have been for over a year, gives me hope. Marilyn

mishb
07-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Patrick and welcome to the forum.

Wow, what a job you must have to be able to travel to Kenya.

I take plaquenil for RA which is a type of anti malaria tablet and it hasn't caused any issues.

Phil had to have meningococcal shots before they would do the processors for his ears (something like that) and he would never recommend them to anyone.
I pretty sure, he feels this shot is what bought on his flare.

Remember that you should avoid any "live" vaccines, so check them about before hand.

I would be wary about adding any extra bugs/viruses into my system now that things are stable for you.

I hope someone else can help you out

drz
07-03-2013, 01:47 AM
no I don't but I hope you have a safe and good trip. Wish I could go,I miss traveling so much !! TAKE CARE

I do too. Not being able to travel like I did before Wegs was part of the life change disliked about becoming a Weggie. I hope to be able some day to enjoy some limited traveling again but won't ever get to see many of the places i had on my to do list.