PDA

View Full Version : Foot Pain

randyt1
06-29-2013, 03:49 PM
I have had Wg for 6 yrs just in last few months having foot pain, anyone having this, could be nerve not sure.. On 5 mg prednisone and infused with Remicade.:glare:

Yvonnea
06-29-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi Randy,

I am currently in remission but still have some symptoms. I had pains in the soles of my feet and sometimes the left one would go numb out of the blue.
Went to Rhumie as worried about nerve damage and this symptom has always been the sign of a flare for me. Luckily no nerve damage. But he did put me on a small amount of pred for a couple of weeks. (I had been off it) and it seems to have done the trick. Hopefully yours will be as easily sorted.
Good luck
Yvonne

chrisTIn@
06-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Foot pain was one of my first symptoms. Both feet were very painfull when standing, could hardly walk! After diagnosis and treatment the pain eventually disappeared. Only a slight numbness in the top of my right foot remains. I guess that is some nerve-damage... Hopefully your docs soon will figure out what has to be changed in your treatment. Good luck, and please keep us posted about the results!

Pete
06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Hi Randy,

Sometimes as we age, the fatty pads on the soles of our feet get thinner. I've noticed that if I'm on my feet a lot, they'll ache. They don't get numb though. I'm 66 and have noticed this over the past couple of years. Mentioned this to my wegs doc, and she agreed that aging was a likely cause.

randyt1
06-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Thanks to all, Will follow up w/Dr.. Have a good one my friends...
LIFE IS GOOD...

AmyA
07-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Foot pain is the worst! I was diagnosed in June 2011 and went into remission in October 2012. The foot pain was a constant! I had scans of my feet and nerve testing done. Turns out it was plantar fasciitis. After 4 weeks of physical therapy and learning some really helpful stretching, techniques the pain was greatly reduced. I occasionally have repeat pain, but self massage to work out the knots and good calf stretching and balance practice will help. Hope this helps.