PDA

View Full Version : Nasal ointment

Mikek
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Jenny has been prescribed a nasal ointment which has provided some excellent relief. I'ts called 'Otocomb*Otic. It's effect is to loosen the hard scabbing before it has a chance to form. She asked me to share this in the hope that others might be helped.

mishb
06-26-2013, 10:16 PM
I tried this one for about two weeks.......it seemed to create more infections in the back of my sinuses, and that funky dirty socks smell that goes with the infection (sorry people).

Then I tried one called bactroban and that seemed to work a little better but didn't quite do the trick.

I now just stick to the rinse.

Thankyou Jenny for sharing.

Mikek
06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=mishb;70064]I tried this one for about two weeks.......it seemed to create more infections in the back of my sinuses, and that funky dirty socks smell that goes with the infection (sorry people).

Then I tried one called bactroban and that seemed to work a little better but didn't quite do the trick.

I now just stick to the rinse.
I've posted one of my dirty socks to you so you can see how bad it can really be. Please don't return it. It's interesting how we each respond to a product.

mishb
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM
I've posted one of my dirty socks to you so you can see how bad it can really be. Please don't return it. It's interesting how we each respond to a product.

It doesn't matter now Mike, you can post as many as you like :flapper:
I have the great pleasure of not being able to smell them anymore .......yes, that is a pleasurable part.

Mikek
06-26-2013, 11:40 PM
It doesn't matter now Mike, you can post as many as you like :flapper:
I have the great pleasure of not being able to smell them anymore .......yes, that is a pleasurable part.
Does that mean that you can't taste food? Oh bugger, here comes Kevin, now there really is a bad smell!

mishb
06-27-2013, 12:16 AM
No, I can still taste food and still taste the pred.......it's rotten stuff if you don't manage to swallow that little tablet the first time.

annekat
06-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Me, too.... can't smell anything but can still taste. I thought they were related. I wonder what, if anything, that means.

pberggren1
06-28-2013, 06:33 AM
I would use a natural one. Talk to your local pharmacist about it.