PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum

DJS
06-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks to everyone who has been sharing their stories and progress or lack there of.
My wife was diagonsed on May 2012 and I will share her story and progress in the stories area of the forum. We are in Minnesota and we think we have been given great care and we are now looking for how to control her condition. I'll tell her story in four installments, The Pre diagnosis, the Month in the Hospital, the Period of getting control, and last on to remission, which we don't understand.

Like a lot of people, her Wegeners started with Sinus and sudden loss of hearing, and she has started the process for a BAHA.
Which is Bone Adaptive Hearing Aid. She has the skull implant and as soon as it heals she will get the hearing device. Her hearing was destoyed in her left ear so this device will transfer sounds from her left side to her right ear through her skull. She is scheduled for some time in July for her fitting.

drz
06-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks to everyone who has been sharing their stories and progress or lack there of.
My wife was diagonsed on May 2012 and I will share her story and progress in the stories area of the forum. We are in Minnesota and we think we have been given great care and we are now looking for how to control her condition. I'll tell her story in four installments, The Pre diagnosis, the Month in the Hospital, the Period of getting control, and last on to remission, which we don't understand.

Like a lot of people, her Wegeners started with Sinus and sudden loss of hearing, and she has started the process for a BAHA.
Which is Bone Adaptive Hearing Aid. She has the skull implant and as soon as it heals she will get the hearing device. Her hearing was destoyed in her left ear so this device will transfer sounds from her left side to her right ear through her skull. She is scheduled for some time in July for her fitting.

I got one (BAHA or bone anchored hearing aid) for same reason and it is a great improvement over being deaf. My speech has improved greatly too from having it and being able to hear others again. They said they now call them osseo-integrated hearing assistance since many insurances and Medicare won't pay for hearing aids.