PDA

View Full Version : Question about bloodwork

Debbie C
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I have a question ,every month I go for the same thing done in the lab work. I get CBC, CMP, ESR,CRP and a urinalysis.Right now the only issue I have is my lungs ( as far as I know ) but I hear everyone talking about the different tests they have like the IgG and the anca test and others I can't remember. My question is should I have other test done or are those just done with other specific problems ???

Dirty Don
06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Once you have been dx with WG, and even before with strong suspicions, you should have all those tests. Phil & drz know more about them than I. I believe I posted my list in a previous thread...it's really long...sheesh.

Alysia
06-22-2013, 05:07 AM
Hi, you should check creatinine, ALT + AST (liver functions), and anca battery.

drz
06-22-2013, 06:13 AM
I have a question ,every month I go for the same thing done in the lab work. I get CBC, CMP, ESR,CRP and a urinalysis.Right now the only issue I have is my lungs ( as far as I know ) but I hear everyone talking about the different tests they have like the IgG and the anca test and others I can't remember. My question is should I have other test done or are those just done with other specific problems ???

Your tests are pretty much the same as my regular monthly battery. Mayo Clinic checks my ANCA and some other things when I see them about three times a year but much of their lab work is also for their longitudinal study on treatment of GPA so it might include tests that wouldn't normally be included just to monitor ones health. Other wise my ANCA would only be checked by other providers infrequently or when they suspect I might be having a flare. Your self report on symptoms is probably as reliable or more reliable than your lab work in terms of how you are doing with Wegs. The important exception is a silent flare could destroy your kidneys and start causing damage elsewhere before you noticed it.