PDA

View Full Version : Tubes in ears came out.

NikkiNicole
06-18-2013, 05:40 PM
A month or so back, I went to see my ENT because my ears were temporarily becoming muffled again. He peeked inside and said the tubes were starting to come out and hanging at a funky angle which could be messing with how the sound came in.
Well, I think they are completely out now and ..... my ears are just as muffled as they were when they were put in last August and September.
Has anyone else had this happen so quickly?
I work in a dispatch center for our sheriff's office. It is MOST horrific to attempt to do my job with my hearing being off. The lives of my deputies are in my hands when I'm on the radio and I can't miss life saving information when on the phones. I am shocked at how quickly they muffled back up.
I plan on making an appt with Mr. ENT again as my sinuses are also just buggered up enough that I feel it. It's way up in my nose that feels blocked. And the pain in my nose is most times unbearable!!! I also now feel like I have a sore of some sort on the very back of my tongue where it starts to head down my throat. It feels like my brain is stuffed with cotton, and I have blurry vision from time to time. I also feel a little "out of it". This is not like when a cold is coming on at all.
All this after tapering down to a 40mg dose of prednisone.
I don't want my ears to be like this again.

pberggren1
06-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Ya, better go see ENT right away for sure.

Do you have a Wegs doc? How long have you been tapering the pred? What other meds are you on?

greenjeep
06-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I had tubes in my ears at one point too. the ENT told me that they would only stay in about 6 mos. but could stay in longer. It was about 6 mos. when they came out. I think they do have a more "permanent" version, but even these eventually come out. I don't believe they are meant to be permanent. Your ears should have cleared up by now though, and the other symptoms together with the ear thing is worrisome. I would check in with your rhumi and rule out a relapse.

hoping for the best.