PDA

View Full Version : heaven or what.

crackers
06-28-2009, 08:58 PM
over here in the uk at the moment we have the glastonbury festival going on.it's the largest outdoor festival on the planet with about 180,000 there.the last couple of years they've had a lot of rap and r'n'b which is not my cup of tea but this year they have fulfilled all of my dreams.friday nights headline act was neil young,who i am a big big fan of.he was excellent,but saturdays headline act was bruce springsteen.i've been watching glastonbury for many many years and i have to say that his was the best performance i've ever seen in all that time.he played for nearly 3 hours with no breaks,just one classic song after another.they have a 12-15am music curfew but he just carried on for another half hour.i've no chance of going to stand up gigs these days but i still have my "bands to see live before i die" list so thanks to glastonbury and the bbc i will scratch those two names of the list.tonight's the last night,i can't get any better........can it?
john.
ps it's amazing what music can do for you.haven't felt this alive for a long time.

Doug
06-30-2009, 06:59 AM
over here in the uk at the moment we have the glastonbury festival going on.it's the largest outdoor festival on the planet with about 180,000 there.the last couple of years they've had a lot of rap and r'n'b which is not my cup of tea but this year they have fulfilled all of my dreams.friday nights headline act was neil young,who i am a big big fan of.he was excellent,but saturdays headline act was bruce springsteen.i've been watching glastonbury for many many years and i have to say that his was the best performance i've ever seen in all that time.he played for nearly 3 hours with no breaks,just one classic song after another.they have a 12-15am music curfew but he just carried on for another half hour.i've no chance of going to stand up gigs these days but i still have my "bands to see live before i die" list so thanks to glastonbury and the bbc i will scratch those two names of the list.tonight's the last night,i can't get any better........can it?
john.
ps it's amazing what music can do for you.haven't felt this alive for a long time.

Yes, the right music at the right time is just the tonic! :o:):p

Geoff
07-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Hi Crackers,
I know exactly where youre coming from. Like you I am a big Neil Young fan and managed to see him last year at The Hop Farm festival in Kent. Know what you mean about standing in a field but we took along a couple of collapsible chairs to rest on and then stood to see Neil do a 2 1/2 hour set...Awesome. I think that 'The Boss' actually blew him away at Glastonbury this year with his sheer energy. How I wish they could bottle some of that. I would be first in line!!

crackers
07-01-2009, 04:26 AM
geoff i'd be right behind you mate.
john.