PDA

View Full Version : New symptom

Barbara N
06-13-2013, 12:39 AM
I just got the anemia diagnosis and was eating fresh pineapple last night when my tongue swelled up and was solid blood, just pouring blood. My tongue was just dark red and the whole thing was bleeding. It is a little sensitive today but if I eat anything solid it bleeds again. Any ideas? I am on iron and a liquid food supplemnt that helps since I can't seem to eat at the moment. worst part is that I am too weak to work with my horse which I know would make me stronger. About the anemia they wanted to have me take the injections too, they said my body had iron it just couldn't absorb it. I didn't take the injections and I haven't been anemic for a long time, well at least not very anemic.

pberggren1
06-13-2013, 03:38 AM
I have never heard of that happening to anyone before. Does your doc know about this?

Debbie C
06-13-2013, 02:27 PM
me either..that's pretty scary...you really need to go to the hospital

zizzcat
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
I am sorry you are going through this. That must be scary! What does your dr. say about it?

Please take care of yourself and keep us informed.

Hope

Alysia
06-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Dear Barbara,
I dont know about your symptoms. only want to tell you that you are in my praying. take care of yourself. your horse is waiting for you to feel better and soon be "on your feet" again :hug2:

Barbara N
06-15-2013, 06:08 AM
This forum gives me so much strength and people the care and understand. I want to thank you all for just being you. As always to Andrew for keeping it all together. My life has been made so much better since I started this forum even though I still haven't quite figured out how the whole thing works yet, I am learning. Love to you all, Barbara

Psyborg
06-17-2013, 09:24 AM
I've had some times with really fresh pineapple where the acidity has made my mouth pretty sore, but never bloody. I'm going to agree that I'd check with your DR.

Barbara N
06-18-2013, 05:32 AM
My tongue looked like a red Popsicle but was swollen and the blood never stopped. I kept it running under cold water and in about half an hour it was back to normal. It looked like something out of a horror movie. I don't know whether i dare try it again. I love pineapple and nothing similar has ever happened. I have to learn how to put in Photos because I just made an album of my horse and I sharing a pineapple.
Well, here's a link (http://animospain.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/pineapple-pol.html) to the picture on Animo while I figure it out...

annekat
06-18-2013, 10:13 AM
I like the pic of you and your horse sharing a pineapple. I'm so sorry you are going through this and hope it gets resolved soon! I'm also happy you are getting so much out of being on the forum.... I think most of us feel the same way.

mama2005
06-30-2013, 02:12 PM
my tongue has bleed but it doesn't last long and its only on spots where are raw. my tongue does this because of all my breathing treatments though. hope they get this figured out for you.