PDA

View Full Version : Enter doesn't work...

chrisTIn@
06-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Lately something has changed. At the end of a sentence I can't use 'Enter'. So I have to write veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long sentences..... Anybody familiar with this fenomenon? How can I get it back to normal? I only have it on my desktop, and only with this site.

Alysia
06-12-2013, 02:27 AM
Lately something has changed. At the end of a sentence I can't use 'Enter'. So I have to write veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long sentences..... Anybody familiar with this fenomenon? How can I get it back to normal? I only have it on my desktop, and only with this site.

your "enter" identifies" with us, when it cames to the forum....
(sorry, I dont know what to do...)

Dirty Don
06-12-2013, 02:52 AM
There's a glitch in the 'writing program' when you are writing back to someone and change what you're doing when typing that message...the program has to be restarted (the message) at the point of where you were. I get it all the time on here...just go out of the typing, then back to the message gain...it will all be there still. No worries! LOL!

drz
06-12-2013, 10:06 AM

I don't follow the question. I just type till I am through with the message and it seems to take care of itself automatically or is there something I don't understand about your question. Words in the sentence sentence automatically wraps itself to the next line when it gets to the end. Then I click on the post replay button to get it up on the forum. Doesn't it work that way for you? I don't use the enter key at all on my keyboard or are you are posting from a different device than a typical department store keyboard or using something other than a mainstream browser. I use Chrome and Mozilla mostly.

chrisTIn@
06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't follow the question. I just type till I am through with the message and it seems to take care of itself automatically...
Haha. Now that I take a better look on everyone else's messages i see that most people write their 'story' all in 'one piece'!!!! :smile1: I used to make 'shorter' sentences. That is... I divide the text into pieces, so that the post or message is 'easier to read'. I used to set a point, and then start a new sentence on a new line. I don't know how to explain it otherwise. Probably because I'm not a native English speaker. :unsure::huh::razz:

mishb
06-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Christine, I get the same problem. I know what you are talking about ........ you are not crazy - well, maybe we both are :flapper:

I have to hit enter a couple of times for it to work. Sometimes I hit the enter key and it tabs instead.
It's a little crazy but it gets there.

Sangye used to say to keep the lines shorter to make them easier to read.

pberggren1
06-13-2013, 02:41 AM
Okay, so now we have 2 crazies on this thread......do I hear 3?.......lol

Yes, please use paragraphs.

Dirty Don
06-13-2013, 02:46 AM

Me? Me! memememememe...yes, do write in paragraphs...what? Write as you speak...tends to work better on blogging...just watch what your fingers are doing! LOL! Pushing buttons on computers is not the same as pushing buttons on your spouse...program changes are in effect! Coffffffeeeeeeeee....morning all!

pberggren1
06-13-2013, 02:49 AM
3 it is then.

Dirty Don
06-13-2013, 02:51 AM
3 it is then. Yeaaaaaaaa!!!! I'm a member of the club at last!!!

pberggren1
06-13-2013, 02:52 AM
You are the admin too.

drz
06-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Yes, please use paragraphs.

I do use the enter key to space between paragraphs but it works fine for me all the time on my $29 Logitech keyboard from Walmart.
Maybe you guys just need some cheaper equipment.:biggrin1::smile1:

Debbie C
06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Don ,I thought you were the leader of the pack !! Is this too short or should I keep talking:confused:

Dirty Don
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Don ,I thought you were the leader of the pack !! Is this too short or should I keep talking:confused:

Phil...see what you started! Not assuming any position of responsibility, never...never again...I'm retired! LOL! And, Deb, you may speak as long as you want...you're more interesting than me and Phil bantering about!!!

chrisTIn@
06-14-2013, 04:12 AM
I do use the enter key to space between paragraphs but it works fine for me all the time on my $29 Logitech keyboard from Walmart.
Maybe you guys just need some cheaper equipment.:biggrin1::smile1:
I have a nice LED Illuminated Keyboard, for just about the same price. Cheap enough? :biggrin1:

drz
06-14-2013, 04:33 AM
I have a nice LED Illuminated Keyboard, for just about the same price. Cheap enough? :biggrin1:

Does the enter key work? That is the question?

pberggren1
06-14-2013, 04:36 AM
I think we should all start quoting Shakespear now.

Dirty Don
06-14-2013, 06:03 AM
I think we should all start quoting Shakespear now.

Only if you spell the man's name correctly my friend!:cool1:

chrisTIn@
06-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Does the enter key work? That is the question? To enter or not to enter, that's the question indeed. Ahem. Still doesn't do it's job, that *#$%@#$*& illuminated keyboard!!!!!! Maybe I'll contact the manufacturer. This keyboard is not even a year old. :predrage:

drz
06-14-2013, 02:33 PM
To enter or not to enter, that's the question indeed. Ahem. Still doesn't do it's job, that *#$%@#$*& illuminated keyboard!!!!!! Maybe I'll contact the manufacturer. This keyboard is not even a year old. :predrage:

Yep, you need something cheaper it seems. Look for a good used on at a garage or yard sale. Borrow a friends and see if it works for you. If it does then you know the problem is the keyboard.

chrisTIn@
07-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Borrow a friends and see if it works for you. If it does then you know the problem is the keyboard. This keyboard-problem only occurs when I'm writing my messages here on the forum. When emailing or writing a Word-document I don't have a problem at all. :crying: Now what? Any suggestions?

drz
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
This keyboard-problem only occurs when I'm writing my messages here on the forum. When emailing or writing a Word-document I don't have a problem at all. :crying: Now what? Any suggestions?

Try several different browsers to see if the problem occurs with all of them. Some times one browser works better with a cerain web site than another. Some times it is the site itself that causes problems. After Hotmail switched to Outlook I started having lots of problems with site not working. I have not found any fix except to leave site and close the browser and start over again later.

Alysia
07-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Entering through google chrom cause more writing problems then entering through internet explorer. If you have it.

chris.wg
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I thought it was just how the forum worked mine hasn't worked since my first post.