PDA

View Full Version : travel insurance

Michael Bell
06-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Hi all, I am going to the Canary islands in August and have tried a few online insurance sites, they all say that they are unable to insure me at the moment. Has anyone got a favorite company they use in the UK that will happily cover people with this wonderful illness?
Thanks Mikehttp://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.png

mishb
06-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi Mike,

How wonderful to be going to the Canary Islands. Any special occasion that we should know about? :tongue1:

I didn't have any problem with travel insurance when I went O/s but one of the conditions was that I had to have not been hospitalized within the last 18 months......I just made it.
We have different Companies and covers here in Australia, however the reason I am telling you this is because one of the Company's that did accept my WG and RA was a Company called Great Lakes Australia and I'm pretty sure Great Lakes are also in the UK. I could be wrong and maybe they don't get into the Travel Insurance side of things, but it's worth a try (if you haven't already).

At the time, I think it cost me an extra $70 Australian.

Good luck in your search.

Michael Bell
06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Michelle, thanks for the info, this is a present from my eldest son for, A) still being alive, and B) it being as close as we could all get to my 60th birthday which is on July 26th. The only worry I have is it will just be a few days short of one year since I left hospital when we go. Still you have to try don''t you.
Mike

Mikek
06-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Have a great trip.

mishb
06-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi Michelle, thanks for the info, this is a present from my eldest son for, A) still being alive, and B) it being as close as we could all get to my 60th birthday which is on July 26th. The only worry I have is it will just be a few days short of one year since I left hospital when we go. Still you have to try don''t you.
Mike

Two very important milestones indeed Mike. :thumbsup:

I guess you could just get the plain travel insurance with the WG exclusion, if you were feeling well enough.
It's a risky chance maybe.....but you will be covered for anything else that may occur........chances are, nothing will happen and you will just have a wonderful trip and a relaxing lay on the beach enjoying the sun and cocktails :wink1:

Debbie C
06-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Have a wonderful trip Michael and Happy Birthday.:thumbsup: What a nice son to give you such a wonderful gift

pwc51
06-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Mike - I used Virgin last year. They were fine, not too expensive, but I did not test them with a claim.

Michael Bell
06-07-2013, 06:08 PM
hi PWC51, thanks for the info, I will give them a try.
Mike

Mikek
06-07-2013, 06:55 PM
We travel the world with
Virgin for the points, their members' lounges here(Australia) are super. They have a seat that between economy and business class which is comfy for long haul flights. No complaints.