PDA

View Full Version : Going to ER tomorrow morning. Possible blood clot

zizzcat
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi.. Am nervous and can't sleep.

I hope I am not alarming anyone unnecessarily. For the past 5 days I've had a pain in the groin area that I at first thought was a swollen lymph node. Today the pain has been more intense, more swollen and spreading. At the same time we had some urgent financial matters come up and I chose to deal with those while we could. There's been a lot going on all at once and I was frazzled. I packed some things to have ready if things suddenly got worse but ER visits are very stressful for me so I decided to wait until morning, if possible, when it would not be as crowded. I am really nervous! I usually am transported to a very good hospital (where my rheum docs are) and am away for days...! I tend to feel like everything is out of control!

I came to the site and read some posts and it was a great comfort to read about some things that I could definitely relate to. I started to relax and may now be able to sleep.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with blood clots and if this is common of Wegner's as the disease progresses.

Thanks,
Hope

andrew
05-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Hope
No experience with blood clots but from what I read it seems a visit to the ER is a good decision. Hopefully though it's not serious and you're able to get it dealt with quickly. Great that you got some relief from reading some posts! I hope the queue isn't too big. Looks like a very stressful time for you right now. It hope you get everything sorted out soon. Thinking of you. Please let us know how you go!

mishb
05-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi Hope,

I also have not had any troubles with blood clots (**knocks on wood**) but I have read that many people do or can get clots and that we are more susceptible to them.....I'm not sure whether it is because of WG or because of the meds we take.
I know that I was told not to take oral contraceptives because that can cause clots and WG can already cause them, so it is a double whammy.

Good luck and keep us posted.

zizzcat
05-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi, I was at the ER from 9 am to 4 pm. By morning the pain was very mild, but I went anyway.
I explained how bad the pain had been during the night before, and exactly where in the groin it was located. I could feel some slight swelling, much less than last night, but the doctor said he felt none. He ordered a CT scan. It wasn't until the results were back that I found out that he had done a scan of the abdomen to view a couple of large hernias I had and a scan of the kidneys. I asked him about the pain in the groin and he explained that the hernias must be bearing down on that area. He then wanted to do some x-rays of the lungs to get a good overall picture. I told him that my lungs felt fine and that we had to be going. Of course he suggested that I see my primary care as soon as possible. I was given some discharge papers that had information and advice about abdominal pain. I was simply stunned and by then glad to go.

it is almost 7 pm and the pain is very moderate. I've developed some soreness in the lymph nodes on the left side of the neck and believe it may be related. It feels nice to be home.

Hope

HopeinTN
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Sounds like good news. I think the CT Scan would have shown if it were something bad like a clot. But, I'm no Dr. Glad you are home.

drz
06-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Some people tell me their blood clots were diagnosed by ultra sound and those are safer in terms of having no radiation.