PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

Barbara N
05-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I am back from several weeks in the twilight zone. _The Ketemine was great and I still have no pain of any kind. For about 2 weeks after the treatment I was still very out of touch with where I was and what I was doing. I couldn't remember dates or names and felt a bit clumsy. It wasn't horrible but I felt a bit helpless. My eye check up went really well, I have been doing the exercises just right and keeping them lubricated.The doctor that is doing the draining of the tear sacks seems to be doing a fantastic job because they told me that normally after having it done so many times infection sets in and I have none. They haven't seen this thick liquid that comes out of my eyes before. We have taken lots of samples and I know last time ,lots of biopsies. Sometimes the liquid comes in great quantity sometimes just a little but if I don't keep control of it It can get out of hand and destroy my cornea again and seal my lids shut, then I am in big trouble. We had a few other minor things but nothing to worry much about.My memory is returning so if I sent you some stupid message, keep it or throw it away accordingly. In one more week I should be back to 100% me. We did discover some of intestinal hernias only two worth bothering with but they don't want to operate so they say don't lift much weight and relax. have one more treatment of Ketamine in 6 months then I should be finished or at least my goal is to be finished. It is great to be back and great to be with all of you again. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. .Maybe we need a weekly catch-up page so you can keep trak of what everyone has been doing if you have had to be away for a while. I would do it but I am new and don't know you all very well and of course my incompetence on the computer. My horse sends a giant HELLO and I send ANIMO to everyone. I have really missed you all. Barbara

mishb
05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Hey Barbara,

Great to see you back.
Your eye situation is amazing......and crazy......and ikky.......and gosh, what does one say .......WOW.

You have amazing strength and with the hernia's, you have now been given doctor's permission to RELAX.

Take it easy.......and if you can't do that .......Happy Riding

Alysia
05-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Hi Barbara,
welcome back, we missed you :hug3:

it seems that you have good docs, who know what to do and who cares about you.
I hope you are on the road to feeling well.

annekat
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Barbara, you are a profile in courage and strength, an example to us all. May you now enjoy many happy hours of relaxing and enjoying life with your family, and if you are up to it, riding your magnificent horse! I am glad you have that animal in your life and derive so much pleasure and therapy from riding.

Barbara N
05-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Barbara, you are a profile in courage and strength, an example to us all. May you now enjoy many happy hours of relaxing and enjoying life with your family, and if you are up to it, riding your magnificent horse! I am glad you have that animal in your life and derive so much pleasure and therapy from riding.

Come try it some time, you will never want to get off. They say the outside of a horse is good for the inside of man.

Dirty Don
05-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Come try it some time, you will never want to get off. They say the outside of a horse is good for the inside of man.

Looks inside...deep inside...naw, I prefer Porsches...and, er, my coffee!

Psyborg
05-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Welcome back :)

annekat
05-21-2013, 02:58 AM
I have ridden, Barbara, in my younger years, at summer camp and such, but mostly on "old nags" and for short periods of time. I did get a taste of the exhilaration now and then. I wasn't able to do it on a continuous basis like you are, enough to get good at it and really comfortable and tuned in with the horses. Who knows, I MIGHT try it again some day!