PDA

View Full Version : Headaches that feel like spasms in the brain.

zizzcat
05-19-2013, 11:15 AM
There are a few symptoms which I'm afraid to tell drs. I have because I'm afraid they will think I'm crazy. This is one of them. I get areas of pressure in the brain, mostly on the right side, that then feel like they are crunched up into a knot, and then at times dissolve if I turn my head a certain way. Previous to the immune suppressants this would happen over and over again, 24/7.

there have been times when I have lifted something heavy and had seizures and headaches that lasted days, weeks, months or years. I do have a small aneurysm that is allegedly inactive.

Hope

Dirty Don
05-19-2013, 12:26 PM
I would tell the docs everything, even if you believe you're medically knowledgeable.

mishb
05-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Wow, how can you keep a symptom, like that, to yourself?

I'm starting to think you are crazy :flapper:

Seriously, please tell your doctors, everything that is going on.......big or small, doesn't matter and it might just help them recognise it, in the next person.

I hope that it is nothing sinister, though.

drz
05-19-2013, 11:45 PM
There are a few symptoms which I'm afraid to tell drs. I have because I'm afraid they will think I'm crazy. This is one of them. I get areas of pressure in the brain, mostly on the right side, that then feel like they are crunched up into a knot, and then at times dissolve if I turn my head a certain way. Previous to the immune suppressants this would happen over and over again, 24/7.

there have been times when I have lifted something heavy and had seizures and headaches that lasted days, weeks, months or years. I do have a small aneurysm that is allegedly inactive.

Hope

To paraphrase our departed friend, Jack, "just because you have Wegs, doesn't mean you can't have something else too". Since your symptoms do not sound typical for Wegs or its treatment, by all means report them in detail. It could be another serious problem that needs to be addressed, especially in view of your history of having an aneurysm diagnosed previously.

Psyborg
05-20-2013, 11:26 PM
That has the sound of aneurysm to me. Some of our meds thin the blood, not sure what affect that might have on an inactive aneurysm. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV :) I would definitely encourage you to let them know on that one ASAP.

EDIT: Also it is rare, but Wegs can affect the brain...only way to determine that would be a CT scan of the head.