PDA

View Full Version : Life

gwenllian111
05-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry haven't posted for a while. Please forgive me. :hug2:

I feels so exhausted and isolated lately. I say lately, but for the past few years my health is just in constant decline.

I've got the joint pain in some control (i'm on anti TNF therapy), and i've recently started IG infusions. The side effects of these meds alone are horrendous, and the other day I lay in bed wondering if I was going to die.

My lungs feel constantly sore, my body aches, and today I just feel beyond exhausted. I don't know how much longer I can fight it. I just feel wrecked.

I keep thinking about things, and I don't know, I just feel a bit down tonight I suppose.

My daughter this time last year, sustained serious burns, and I guess that is weighing heavily on my mind too.

Sometimes I wonder what life is all about.

(Sorry for being so miserable tonight).

Dirty Don
05-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Sometimes I wonder what life is all about.(Sorry for being so miserable tonight).

Life is about what and who we are while alive...as for misery, you have plenty of company...

Geoff
05-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi Gwen,

So sorry to read your posting and feel your pain. You have so many friends here so please dont feel isolated. We know how much of a roller coaster life can be, with or without Wegs so please hang in there and tough this dip out.

Have you spoken to your consultant about things? What Meds are they putting your way?

About a year ago I was convinced that I was going to 'check out' and got in a real pit of despair, fortuantely Addenbrookes have councellors who were fantastic and sorted my 'brain' out. The next thing was a significant change in Meds and so far it has been good.

Please take up the fight or else I shall be forced to drive up the M4 and give you a right old telling off!!!!

gwenllian111
05-17-2013, 07:13 AM
haha true. I will sort myself out by the morning i'm sure. :)

X

HopeinTN
05-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Hope you are feeling better! We all have these days and hope talking about it and knowing you aren't alone helps.

Pete
05-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Just got my "WG: The roller coaster ride from hell" t-shirt off zazzle today. Seems fitting... sigh Get better soon.

annekat
05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Gwen, that's why we are here, to listen to what you are going through. Your pain and med side effects are worse than anything I'm experiencing, so I can only imagine, and wish I could absorb some of it for you. And the memories of your daughter's accident can't help... how is she doing today?

We all have those times where things just don't make sense and seem too hard to deal with, so we understand.:hug2:I hope things feel and seem better soon.

mishb
05-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Gwen, you know we are all here for you. :hug2:

I'm so sorry that things have become so painful.

As for what your life is about ........ well you just mentioned one of the things that is your life......your daughter.
In fact your three gorgeous daughters.
Give them a big cuddle each day and smile as they try to soothe your pains away.

I hope things start to get better for you soon
.......don't want Geoff driving up there, do we :flapper:

DEE
05-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Hope things get better for you soon Dee x

Psyborg
05-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Sorry you are feeling down...to echo everyone else, just remember we are here for you. I know that it isn't the same as having "in person" support, but I hope we can provide some comfort.

drz
05-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Hope your friends know how you are feeling and come to visit you. Some times a nice visit with some one helps distract us from our pain and misery. I remember the times when the good moments were brief and few during the day but enough to keep me going till things got better.

Alysia
05-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Hi Gwen,
I think you are amazing, having WG since you were 14 years old, and now raising 3 daughters :thumbup:
Im very glad to meet you here.
your story gives me hope. I hope I can give you hope and faith in moments when you cant find them :hug1:

what is life ?
maybe it is the connection we create with other people, through ours feelings and theirs: happiness, joy, passion, pain, rage, sorrow, helplessness, hope.
like what we are doing in this forum.
like yours thread.
life exist in it.