PDA

View Full Version : swollen feet

coffeelover
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Although two weeks ago I got my trach out and two days ago I got all my blood work numbers and they were very good. I am thrilled to say my rheumy is slowly tapering me off the "dreaded Pred" well, today after a busy long weekend at work on my feet, I am concerned about swelling feet and ankles. BP was really good at last visit, less than a week ago. Can anyone enlighten me? We have high humidity and tornado watches out today...so maybe that is the problem?
This disease is so up and down. ONe day, I am elated, the next day, I realize that I still have WEGS! The new normal can be frustrating.
Thanks for advice in advance and for letting me ramble a bit.
Coffeelover, Lisa

gmyi
06-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Hello

I have also swollen feet in my case it is from two reasons one is kidney mal function and the odder is d.v.t. in both legs ask your doctor to make test about it

Jack
06-22-2009, 08:01 PM
As above, but I didn't like to mention it.
The DVT was painfull, but the water retention had no other symptoms and was soon put right with some pills.

KtheC
06-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I had swollen ankles and feet for a long time. For me the cause was lack of proper kidney function. As soon as my kidneys really started working well it went away almost over night.

Doug
06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I still have a bit of it from time to time, but it mostly is in control through Furosimide. When I was first diagnosed, with serious kidney involvement, my weight was 90 lbs. above normal and my feet looked like hams, my toes like sausages. Oh, for the good old days. Not! :)

jola57
06-24-2009, 09:31 AM
My left ankle is swollen and gets worse as day goes by, my right does to but is much better. My kidneys are good but creat and gfr are elevated sometimes and I noticed that the swelling is more pronounced during that stage. So keep getting tested for kidney functions, keep your feet elevated and rest. My mom has always had swollen ankles and has not been sick at all and now that she has diabetes, has had cancer, her ankles still do swell up but not as much as before so go figure.