PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

gwenllian111
05-02-2013, 12:08 AM
I went to see a new neuro doctor today.

He started to ask me 'why are you here today?' and I said, my rheumy had referred me!

He then went on to say that he doubted that there was anything neurological wrong with me (fair enough).

Then, he asked me 'why don't you work? what's stopping you?'

He then told me to exercise more. I told him that strenuous exercise caused me pain as I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I had tracheal stenosis so I can't breathe properly. On top of this, my immune system is so suppressed I have to start immunoglobulin infusions next week - and having WG.

I am so annoyed with doctors like him! *rant*!!!!!:predrage:

Dirty Don
05-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Sighs too..."annoy" is the wrong word...I hate docs like that...who does he think he is and what does he do to help people who need it? OMG...hang tough g, YOUR attitude is what counts, not his opinion or questions. I'm sure he was trying to goad you in some kind of analytical way, but why...understanding (not enabling of course) is what we need...you're OK, battle on, you'll be fine...sighs...

annekat
05-02-2013, 02:10 AM
His questions should be, why did the rheumy refer you to him? There must have been a good reason, and if he doesn't know what it is, he should get with the rheumy and find out, instead of browbeating YOU about it! He may "doubt" there is anything neurologically wrong with you, but could he not do a few tests or use his brain a little to understand what the rheumy was getting at? What a jerk! I think some doctors are really afraid to admit that there's something they know little or nothing about, such as WG. That's a threat to them, so they respond by belittling you and refusing to try to help. Doctors like that should be reported, though to whom, I'm not sure. You should at least tell your rheumy what your experience was.

Psyborg
05-02-2013, 05:21 AM
That sucks Gwen. I too hate going to a new doctor the first time. I've been pretty lucky, but I've had a few treats. I'd go back to your rheumy and ask why this guy acted like he didn't know what you were there.

andrew
05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Seems to me like he had no clue and was doing the bare minimum to get his fee.

mishb
05-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm sorry you had to go through that Gwen,

..........it's not like you need other stresses in your life :mad1:

I too have come across some "Mr. Insensitive's" - just remember, you are way better than him......because, for one, you have compassion :biggrin1:

Good luck with the infusions next week........fingers crossed that they will do the trick.

JeanMarie
05-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Hmmm--lets see, what's a good name for the doc. Oh why waste time on him--just call him a creep!!

Marci
05-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Hmmm--lets see, what's a good name for the doc. Oh why waste time on him--just call him a creep!!

Sometimes I wonder why and how these people get into medicine. Don't they realize they could kill somebody. I think the medical schools and the Vasculitis Foundation need to bombard all the specialty doctors with what vasculitis is and what they need to be asking and doing. Think "out of the box" alttle.

Debbie C
05-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm with u Gwen...I hate all these drs. that don't have a clue what wg. is so there is nothing wrong with you or they make up something else. I would tell the dr. that referred you to him how he was,ask why he thought you needed to see him or if he thinks there is a problem find you another dr. Good luck with your infusions next week and I hope you start feeling better soon.