PDA

View Full Version : Severe pain in toes?.. lol

carriej22
04-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Sorry, I feel so silly asking this!

However my toes REALLY HURT. Like real bad.

Like I think I want to cut 'em off bad!

I told my doctor and he kinda scratched his head... It's not a joint pain.. It's like a throb; very painful. However there is nothing physically wrong with the toes. They just hurt really really bad. I'm trying to think of how to describe the pain; like.. It does not hurt anymore to walk on them as it does to stand still. Pressure doesn't hurt them any more either - they just hurt. It comes and goes; almost like a wave. When it does hurt it hurts sooo bad - then in a few seconds to a few minutes it's completely gone. It's like the weirdest pain; it's more of an ache I guess, than a jab... But it's a weird pain.

My doctor is suspecting some kind of nerve damage maybe...???

Anyone else have pain like this? Maybe somewhere else?

Pete
04-27-2013, 12:00 PM
I get occasional jabbing pain in the tip of my left big toe. No rhyme nor reason regarding appearance of the symptom, and it goes away in a few seconds, so I don't treat it in any way. When I've been on my feet a lot, my feet will ache. I usually take Tylenol, and the pain goes away

drz
04-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Neuropathy causes many strange sensations as the nerves get damaged and these will often vary a lot.

mishb
04-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I can't help put a cause to this.

I get that sometimes radiating from my ankles down to my toes, at the top of the foot and also underneath.
I put it down to my RA.

Putting/raising the feet up and resting them seems to help a bit.

Alysia
04-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi carrie,
two months after the onset of WG I had such pains. I went to Orthopaedist and did X-ray without results. he ordered me some "foothold" and it helps a little bit. the pains disapeared after a month.

pwc51
04-28-2013, 05:04 AM
My recent experience - whilst I did not have pain in the toes I had been pain free for nearly 3 years. The pains, wrist, ankles, knees at various times - felt different from before so Rheumy thought it was something like nerves etc. However they started to become more frequent and eventually the blood test showed raised markers - a flare. High dose pred has stopped the pain immediately and i am having another round of RTX starting next week.

carriej22
04-28-2013, 05:08 AM
Hmmm.. My markers have been raised recently as well. Now that I think about it; before (months before) I was diagnosed I began having pain in my feet I thought was just from having a job where I am standing all day.

Something to think about, thanks everyone for the responses.

pberggren1
04-28-2013, 06:37 AM
I had something like that in my fingers on my right had years ago but it was not as severe as yours. No idea what caused it.

whatthewhat
04-28-2013, 03:42 PM
One of the effects the disease has had on my daughter is a severe pain in one of her feet, diagnosed as neurapathy (sp?) - she described it as feeling like stepping on a dull nail that is going in the foot. The pain was so severe she could not walk on that foot for awhile. The docs prescribed gabapenten (sp?) and also a regimen of physical therapy including massaging that area. It all seems to be working, although just today she was explaining to someone that for her, standing on her feet for 15 minutes feels like 5 hours would to someone else. I hope this helps you figure out what is going on with you and that your pain quiets down soon!

greenjeep
04-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Sound like neuropathy to me too. A pain management doc. may be able to help you out. I have had hand and foot pain with this bout, but mine is a cramp. They only last several seconds, but very painful. They don't know what causes that either.

Rini
04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I had this in one thumb off and on and well in random pleases repeatedly. This sounds RIDICULES but the only relief i found was from an odd old Tennessee trick. Fill and old long sock bottom with rice, loop a tie, cook it in a microwave for about a minute. Careful cuz it will be kinda hot but u can pop it in your sheets right over your feet and let the heat soak out the joints.

carriej22
04-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Rini that is funny, I have a magic bag and you can microwave it. But yes if you're not careful it gets to 5000000 degrees, I also have a heating pad. Elevating the foot sure helps; however the stupid foot tends to cause me issues on and off for usually an entire day. Then the issue might disappear for weeks. I can't seem to figure out why/when it happens. Sometimes it happens after doing nothing, and sometimes it happens after I've been on my feet a lot or driving a lot.

HopeinTN
05-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Yep, sounds likeNeuropathy. I was told it's a side issue you can get with the treatment (my case- long term ctx) and not part of the disease. I'm taking gabapentin or neurotin for it.

Barbara N
05-02-2013, 04:50 AM
I get terrible pain between my second to the last and the third to the last toe on the left. It feels like they a glued together and burn very badly I try massaging my toes bu no luck it is better if I am up <it almost always happens at night, but boy, does it hurt. Hope you find out what it is Good luck in your search and be sure to share if you find anything.

Meode81
05-07-2013, 12:20 PM
OMG~!!!!! I thought it was just me when I told the neurologist the same thing. He looked at me with 2 heads.......... It's the weirdest feeling!!!! Thank you for your post as I don't feel like a nut anymore. I just got diagnosed so I don't have much info so THANKS for your post!! HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER!

Dirty Don
05-07-2013, 12:24 PM
LOL! That's a part of neuropathy, numbness and pain. Not good that your neuro doesn't get it...keep an eye on him and his advisement.