PDA

View Full Version : Subglottic Stenosis with Wegener's

Chadwyck
04-17-2013, 06:17 AM
I've had voice problems being on Azathioprine for more than 2 years now. Does any Wegener's / GPA patients have this? If so, how do you fix it? I heard that most Wegener's people don't get it and only 20% of us do. Now that I've cut back on the meds, how long will it take to recover?

Psyborg
04-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Hey Chad, you might check the forum under the Tracheal Stenosis section, they are relatively close to the same thing. Close enough that the treatments are similar. I will say that I do have SS, and it seems somewhat like it's recovery might be a bit faster than pure TS. But thats based purely on my own experience, obviously I'm not an expert :)

Chadwyck
04-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Ooops, sorry. I just realized there was a subglottic stenosis section right after I posted my note.

drz
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
I've had voice problems being on Azathioprine for more than 2 years now. Does any Wegener's / GPA patients have this? If so, how do you fix it? I heard that most Wegener's people don't get it and only 20% of us do. Now that I've cut back on the meds, how long will it take to recover?

I think for some of us the voice issues are more related to excess mucous running down our throat from the Weg damage to our sinuses. If it was due to the azathioprine as a side effect it should improve as soon as the azathioprine is out of your body.