PDA

View Full Version : Everybody stay well.

Barbara N
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
I will be in the hospital all of next week on an IV pain treatment. I want you all to still be here when I get back. If my treatment works then I will be able to come off morphine and if I come off morphine then I can start coming off everything else. All of the meds. I take are for side effects of the morphine. ánimo a todos, Barbara

Alysia
04-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi Barbara,
good luck with your treatment next week. I hope it will help and give you "new start".
I will miss you, your young and freshing spirit, and wonderfull sense of humor.
take care of yourself.

mishb
04-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Take care Barbara,

I hope it all goes terrific for you and that you can come of all of the pain meds.......that would be so wonderful.

We will all certainly be here waiting for your return........just turn your computer on, and there we will be with a big hug and smile

:hug1: :smile1: :hug2:

Barbara N
04-14-2013, 01:48 AM
You are all so great. I really do feel that I have made friends here. Friends that understand something that is incomprehensible for others to understand. I know this will work and I can slowly, with the help of my horse, come off all medication and be back in remission. well, it is something to work towards. I like your quote Michelle because I had a Mynah bird in university and she learned a lot of things in the dorms that I wouldn't want to get around. It made it very easy to find a home for her when I moved to Spain though.

Barbara N
04-14-2013, 01:50 AM
You are all so great. I really do feel that I have made friends here. Friends that understand something that is incomprehensible for others to understand. I know this will work and I can slowly, with the help of my horse, come off all medication and be back in remission. well, it is something to work towards. I like your quote Michelle because I had a Mynah bird in university and she learned a lot of things in the dorms that I wouldn't want to get around. It made it very easy to find a home for her when I moved to Spain though.
Relax, breathe deep and look through the ears. ANIMO Association for AAT

RudiK
04-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Barbara, good luck, I hope the treatment works and that you get rid of the pain and evtl. won't need to take any more medicine.
Good luck and all the best. Rudi K

greenjeep
04-14-2013, 03:57 AM
Good luck and take the opportunity to get lots of rest. My hospital has free WIFI, you should bring a laptop or phone and that way you could check in on the forum and keep us updated. It is a sign of the times (to always be plugged in) but it really helped me the last time I was in the hospital. I'll say a quick prayer for you.

Barbara N
04-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Thank you so much. I don't have a lap top but maybe some one will bring one in for me. some one gave me a tiny music thingy and recorded some documentaries and lots of ´60's and 70's music on it. That will help because I can't read at the moment that is my next operation, to replace the membrane around my eye and eyelid. I have already had it done 3 times so I know the routine. I should be all fixed by the end of May or sooner. My husband will keep you all informed if I can't. The prayers really work. Thanks again and stay healthy. ánimo, Barbara

marylz
04-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Be well, Barbara and keep those positive thought coming. I'll look forward to hearing how the hospital stay went.:hug1:

drz
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Best wishes for success and better health! A smart phone or lap top is great for those days in the hospital when you feel well enough to use it and easier than trying to read a book when your concentration is hampered.

Debbie C
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Hope everything goes well Barbara and your hosp. stay goes by quick. My prayers will be with you

annekat
04-17-2013, 01:36 AM
All the best to you, Barbara. I admire your positive spirit, which will get you a long ways toward overcoming it all and really living. Thoughts and prayers will be with you, and looking forward to your return home.

Jaha
04-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Barbara,

It is half way thru the week and hopefully you are doing well with your txs. Sorry I missed this post before you went to the hospital. You sound like one real tuff gal, I know you can make it thru this.My thoughts and prayers are with you.:hug2:

Debbie C
04-21-2013, 01:05 AM
So Barbara did your stay at the hosp work out for the best.. Can you get off some of your pain meds ??

Barbara N
04-21-2013, 02:26 AM
I am back. I was on a course of IV drip Ketamine. am glad I didn't have a lap top or anything else because I was so stoned the whole time, I don't remember most of it but it went by very quickly.I don't know how to describe it because I don't drink either but I assume it is like when you have had enough alcohol to have fun but not enough to get sick. I am even having a hard time writing this note to all of you. The side effects should ware off in a few days and I will feel normal but without pain. they want me to stay on the morphine for the next few months and said that if I feel lots better in a few months I can try dropping my dose. Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to the LYRICA which is the non morphing based medication they wanted to switch me to if I needed help with pain. they have scheduled my for another appointment in 6 months time for another dose of Keatmine but this time it would be given orally and I would just have to stay there and hour or so while they monitor all of my vitals.It is so good to be back with all of you, I really have missed you all but I think >I should wait until my head clears a bit before I wrie anymore. thanks for all of you thoughts and prayers. ánimo Barbara

BookNut
04-21-2013, 03:47 AM
So glad that you are back home! Hospitals are never restful - but hopeful the outcome will improve your life. Be well!!

Dirty Don
04-21-2013, 09:22 AM
I am back.

About time...and quit using those drugs...tooooooo many misspellings! LOL! Welcome back! El Profe...huh????

Barbara N
04-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Gracias Profe, I am starting to come around. I have basically just slept for the last week. I have also been out of pain so this week I will slowly try to build up a workout program for me and my horse. They can't just take me off morphine so fast so we will keep`dropping the dose and see where we go from there. Too bad about my allergic reaction to LYRICA because you don't have to take that all of the time, I understand, only when you need it. We shall be chatting more this week. How is your golf coming along? Un abrazo fuerte Profe, Barbara

Barbara N
04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
It turned out that the lady in the bed next to me was my mother's cleaning lady a long time ago so she spent her entire time telling everyone about my mother Doña Maria and how elegant she was and the we had a trampoline in the garden and my mother would let her bring her children to work to jump on it. We also had a play house that I built and all of the children played in it. She said it was the first time in her life she met a real cow. It sounded like a wonderful place to grow up and it was, especially since no one had telephones or _TV's air conditioning. She brought back lots of fond memories for me of my mother and father. If it takes away the pain it will have been the perfect holiday. Next stop, Madrid, for my eyes. I think my trip to Madrid will be very helpful and let me make the rounds of all the doctors I need to see all in one go and they are a great team that work together. If they need biopsies the take them while I am sedated so I'm no really scared of that anymore. You stay positive too Mary, we need to help keep each other up and as a group we are stronger. animo, Barbara

Jaha
04-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Barbara,

It sounds like everything is moving in the right direction for you, I'm so happy for you. The lady in the hospital must have been a divine connection to help you get thru your stay. Best wishes for further tx and recovery:thumbsup:.

greenjeep
04-23-2013, 03:55 AM
welcome back and I'm glad you are doing better. Hope you continue to improve.