PDA

View Full Version : rheumy

JennyT
06-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Saw my doctor today. he is going to cut me back on predison 10 mg a week
until i am to 10 mg. then he's switching the cyclo to a other med.
i am kind of in remission but not out of the woods yet.
as far for the eyes i have to see the eyedoctor june 26th

Hope you're all well

Jenny T

andrew
06-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Good news! I assume the cyclo will be swapped with Immuran?

'kind of' remission is getting close :)

Congrats on the good news, I hope it continues to improve!

Jack
06-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Cutting back on the pred and getting off cylophosphamide is great news. :)

Let us know how you get on with the eyes.

jola57
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Jenny, I too am cutting down on pred - 15mg now - but instead of Imuran I will be going on methotrexate, my reheumy now thinks its better. he changes his mind everytime I see him but I like him, he works with me and discusses what to do next.
I hope we both can get into a good long remission.

Doug
06-17-2009, 05:08 AM
I hope the point where you hit remission is more clear than it was in my case. My doctor waited several months past the time my numbers suggested I was stabile and in remission before he even spoke the word. We've been in this territory before: if you feel good, even if the doctor holds out even if only one symptom or number concerns him, don't wait to enjoy what you feel is remission. It's just a word and an informed guess as to when it is official.

I feel the hypocrite: when I was at your point, I was so excited. I wanted to tell everyone I was in remission, so they could celebrate with me or slink back into their dark holes to push pins into my voodoo doll, as the inclination hit them. My doctor held back and held back. Actually, he's never said I was in remission. Ever the doctor, it was "You probably are in remission," followed by a discussion of which data implied that. Ha!

"A thousand probabilities don't make one fact." That's an Italian proverb I stumbled on some years back. It guided my analysis of data in that previous life I lived where I drove to a desk in a factory five times a week or so and crunched numbers. So, that sensibility and a doctor who talked in probabilities made for a frustrating "remission day". :):confused: As you can tell, I'm wound up this week. I'd say I am feeling 98% well. My feet, knees, and ankles say otherwise, but, instead of sitting too long at my computer, propping them up and resting will take care of that 2%. Point is, I'm 2% unwell by my reckoning. I can dwell on the 2%, or take the 98% well and have a wonderful day, week, month, year, life! Wahoo!

coffeelover
06-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah for Jenny!
My rheumy told me yesterday that I too would be cutting back on the pred a few mgs every two weeks until I get to 10, but that I would be on both pred and mexo for a year after I stopped showing signs of WEGS, just to be on the safe side. I like her idea!
Lisa