PDA

View Full Version : coconut oil

Stephene
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Hello to everyone.I hope today is finding everyone in good spirits.My daughter gave me some coconut oil and I was wondering if anyone here has had any health benefits from using it.

Dirty Don
04-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Hello to everyone.I hope today is finding everyone in good spirits.My daughter gave me some coconut oil and I was wondering if anyone here has had any health benefits from using it.

Nice for tanning...smiles!!!!

rebekah
04-08-2013, 02:50 AM
A lot of people use it for tanning here… one of my friends even uses olive oil! I found this website which has some great information on the health benefits of coconut oil: The Amazing Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil | Care2 Healthy Living (http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-amazing-health-benefits-of-virgin-coconut-oil.html?page=1). I didn't realize it could be used to help with so many health issues.

carriej22
04-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I used to put some in my homemade truffles to make them melty. Now; I am pretty sure that negates all health benefits... But still ;)

Now you guys know my secret!

Debbie C
04-15-2013, 11:30 AM
I bought a jar of it at my pharmacy and I heard it supposed to be good for you but there it sits. I have no idea what to use it for (except tanning)!!

me2
04-15-2013, 05:13 PM
I use lots of coconut oil after constantly reading about its health benefits. I use it to bake squash in the oven. I put the cut part face down in the dish. Add oil and maybe a dash of water . Then cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. This is my self defense arsenal against prednisone cravings. Let them eat squash.
I use it in place of anything I would use oil or butter for. Yes, I eat popcorn with it. I mix in a little olive oil for flavor.

Debbie C
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
I'll have to get the jar out now . I love coconut but like I said I didn't know what to use it with

annekat
04-16-2013, 05:20 AM
It seems that coconut oil used to get a bad rap but is now being talked about as having health benefits. I have seen bits and pieces of this viewpoint but not read extensively about it as me2 has. If he is right, it does sound like a great alternative to butter and good in combination with olive oil. Kirk, could you maybe post a link about coconut oil and its benefits? Or we could search it ourselves, but just thought you might know of an especially good one.