PDA

View Full Version : csf leak in sept and stroke in March

LisaL
04-05-2013, 12:34 PM
i was diagnos with wegener's 2011. In sept I was in the hospital two months with csf leak and the march 11th i had a stroke. i'm getting better but sleep most of the day and have trouble remebering things. the dr i should be ready to go back to work. He says sleeping all day has nothing to do with the stroke. does sleeping all the time go with having a stoke?

andrew
04-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi Lisa
I suggest getting a second opinion. A friend of mine had a stroke recently and she's sleeping 12 - 16 hours a day. Before the stroke she'd be getting by on 4 - 6 hours. It's important that you feel you're getting better though which is great :) Steps in the right direction are awesome! See if you can find another doctor to talk to or even check with these guys: Effects of Stroke - Sleep - National Stroke Association (http://www.stroke.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sleep)

mishb
04-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi Lisa and welcome.

If you have had WG since 2011 and weren't sleeping most of the day, then I think the stroke would definately be the cause.
A lady I know of, did a lot of sleeping after her stroke, for about the first 3 months or so. Rehab helped her.
It has only been a few weeks for you so it's probably your body and brain trying to adjust and cope with the new limitations.

Were you on the improve with the WG prior to the stroke or were things slowly going down hill since being in hospital last September?

I hope you start feeling better soon

Take care and remember to .............

randyt1
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I was dig. with wg Oct.2007, massive stroke Dec.2007, I have problems with sleep 3-4 hrs a nite, some nites no sleep. Sleep meds do not work for me..