PDA

View Full Version : black spots in eyes

JennyT
06-15-2009, 03:55 AM
For the last couple of days i have noticed spots in my left eye just if there is a hair in that i can not get out.
anyone else has this before? I see my reumy tomorrow(15th)

Jeeny T

coffeelover
06-15-2009, 04:41 AM
I have not had that problem....pleae keep us posted.
Lisa

andrew
06-15-2009, 06:08 AM
My wife had something like that. I wish I could remember hat the doc said. I'll check with her today. It went away of its own accord tho. Hope it's as easy as that for you. As lisa said, keep us posted!

Sangye
06-15-2009, 07:48 AM
They're called "floaters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater)." Nothing to worry about, but it's always good to mention anything new to your docs as a precaution.

crackers
06-15-2009, 08:55 AM
floaters has a whole different meaning in the uk.if i went to the docs and said i was suffering from floaters they'd think i'd lost it.to put it politely floaters are poops in the pool.:eek:
john.

Sangye
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, we have that same term for poop that floats. You don't really mean poop in pools, do you? :eek:

Pools meaning toilet, right?

crackers
06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
no sangye pools as in swimming pools.:eek: you never fail to make me smile.
john.

Sangye
06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
WHO is pooping in your swimming pools???!!!

But happy I can make you smile....

Jack
06-15-2009, 04:03 PM
WHO is pooping in your swimming pools???!!!

Very small children I believe although, thankfully, I've never experienced it myself.:eek:

In my part of England, "floaters" means exactly what you meant in your first post. :)

jola57
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
John you crack me up, and its not just children but some gray haired people too as I found out in my mom's apartment pool. They closed it down for a week of cleaning.:eek:

Doug
06-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Very small children I believe although, thankfully, I've never experienced it myself.:eek:

In my part of England, "floaters" means exactly what you meant in your first post. :)

This is why in my video on infection crontrol I rant about children being little disease bombs I avoid. Good Grief!! Off-loading in the public swimming pool!? I stopped swimming in them because someone mentioned bawling out their kid for urinating in the pool (...a response I can, at least, understand, given the hilarious reaction you get when you dip your sleeping little brother's or best friend's hand in warm water....). One of my former work colleagues always spoke of not eating Baby Ruth candy bars you found floating in the swimming pool, and now I get the real joke. Ha? Ha? For those who don't have Baby Ruth candy bars in your stores, I guess you can guess why I probably ate my last one!

Doug
06-17-2009, 01:52 AM
John you crack me up, and its not just children but some gray haired people too as I found out in my mom's apartment pool. They closed it down for a week of cleaning.:eek:

Oh no! Tell me it ain't so, Joe! This is not what my pulmonologist meant when he told me not to get anal about infection control. Or is it? :p

Luce
06-17-2009, 01:54 AM
I work for a local council which has a public leisure centre also run by the council on the other side of the car park.
This means that most of the staff here use the leisure centre facilities and quite often we will receive an email informing us that "Due to unforseen circumstances the swimming pool will be closed for the next 2 hours".
We can almost guarantee it will be because of a floater and it usually happens during school holidays.
Now we all know how long it takes for a pool to be drained, the filters cleaned and the pool refilled.

Doug
06-17-2009, 04:46 AM
I work for a local council which has a public leisure centre also run by the council on the other side of the car park.
This means that most of the staff here use the leisure centre facilities and quite often we will receive an email informing us that "Due to unforseen circumstances the swimming pool will be closed for the next 2 hours".
We can almost guarantee it will be because of a floater and it usually happens during school holidays.
Now we all know how long it takes for a pool to be drained, the filters cleaned and the pool refilled.

Ow! Ow! Ow! No wonder your bunny's ears flop! 'scuse me: "flop" inverted and joined with "cow" = "cow flop". They might float after they dry, but they sure a heck won't at the time they slip over the side of the barge, if you- wink! wink!- know what I mean. So don't swim in cow wading pools.:eek: (Can we get back to vomit?)

Derek
06-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi Doug

Here is something gross that I saw at the weekend. I was in the supermarket and over hear (UK) they have these fold down child seats near the pushbar. There was a girl about 3 to 5 (no good at guessing ages) sitting in it weeing herself. It was pouring down into the trolley and
onto the floor. The mum who had just arrived just lifted the girl out and got another trolley. Pity the person who got the wet trolley. I thinks i will take wet wipes next time and clean the trolley. I am glad it was not one of your Baby Ruth candy bars.

Keep well

Derek

crackers
06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
think i'll stick to hand baskets.
john.

Doug
06-18-2009, 01:33 AM
:eek: Yipes! To think that little fold out child's seat is where I put my fresh produce when I shop. Ow! Ow! Ow! The mother's reaction seems typical somehow, too. Bet the little darling also leaves floaters in the public swimming pools. As the twig is bent, you know.

("Doug, don't be anal! Don't be anal! Don't be anal!" There. That and a few deep breathing exercises, and I can leave my biological hazard moonsuit off when I leave the house today to go to the care center to help the elderly there play BINGO. Ow! Ow! Ow! Compared to those little germ bombs, children, elderly in care centers are the next worst germ bombs. "Breathe evenly. Breathe deeply. Keep the spine straight. Breathe evenly. Breathe deeply." Because you won't want to breathe when you are around those old people. Ha!):(:eek::rolleyes: