PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms

Barbara N
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I found this interesting because for the last few weeks I have been worried about my throat. My voice has changed but it changes often due to the loss of sinus cavity and palate. I sound and feel like I have a cold and it is hard to breathe but just from the throat. I know I know have two holes in my trachea because I have had to change the whole way that I eat a be careful with the size of the things I eat. At night it is worse. It is like post nasal drip but that covers a hole and I can't breathe. I do lots of deep breathing exercises so I don't think my lungs are the problem, it is some where in the throat. Since this started I find that I get very tired and sometimes dizzy when I do any physical work and all I do is physical work so I should be in good shape. This morning I couldn't even muck the stables and I was tired before I had finished feeding. That never happens, usually working with the horses gives me energy.

Dirty Don
03-30-2013, 03:33 AM
The 'post nasal drip' is not an uncommon feeling for WG...I have it...causes coughing and, ironically, my throat feels dry most of the time. The dizziness is usually an oxygen deprivation reaction, thus being tired also. Though your lungs feel fine, you might have your oxygen transfer rate/retention checked. I felt fine, but if I overdid it or bent down for something (usually golf balls!), I would rise and become very dizzy...it was my lungs. Just some thoughts. Best to you.

Barbara N
03-30-2013, 04:24 AM
Thank you for your answer :biggrin1:. When I bend down... I get dizzy and sometimes my nose bleeds.

Pete
03-31-2013, 02:45 AM
Don,

How many strokes was dizziness when picking your ball out of the hole worth??? LOL!

Debbie C
03-31-2013, 05:05 AM
Barbara, I don't know anything about your throat situation, you might have an ent look at it. I just wanted to comment on your beautiful horse !

Barbara N
03-31-2013, 05:54 AM
She is a beauty. Thank you. She is a Friesian. She keeps me happy and positive every day and riding her keeps my system functioning.

Barbara N
04-12-2013, 02:00 AM
I like to hear more about my beautiful horse than my throat anyway. Thank you It turned out in the end that I had three days when I couldn't breathe or do anything physical. Now I am better but I am short of breath and have that whistle noise when I breathe in.

Alysia
04-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Barbara, your horse is very beautifull :thumbsup:

chrisTIn@
04-12-2013, 04:28 AM
Friesians are the best!
I can tell, because I was born, and grew up in the region were these beautifull animals are bred.

I visitied Andalucia earlier this year. The Andalusian riding schools are the best in the world!
Didn't have time to visit them though. Did see the Alhambra in Granada. Amazing!

Barbara N
04-12-2013, 03:59 PM
You are so right about Friesians, I am so lucky to have her, she is the horse of my dreams. I have also been to Holland and have several Dutch friends here. Now you know you have a friend if you ever come to Andalucia again. Every time my husband and I feel down we go to Granada and it renews our love for Spain,a beautiful city and wonderful people. I have seen the Spanish Riding School many times I even saw them in San Francisco once way before I moved to Spain. Sorry I had to meet you here but this is a great site to make good friends and to get great help. Un abrazo, Barbara

chrisTIn@
04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks, Barbara.
Please give your horse un abrazo from me! :)

Barbara N
04-13-2013, 08:31 PM
I will give her a huge hug from you. She loves affection.

Barbara N
06-20-2013, 02:17 AM
I would like to hear more about the symptoms of Tracheal Stenosis, what they involve ans how to recognize if you have them. This probably doesn't belong here but I wasn't sure wherer to put it.