PDA

View Full Version : Timeout

andrew
06-14-2009, 07:54 AM
For those that are interested, I've changed the login timeout to two hours (used to be 15 minutes). If you log in from a computer other than your own, remember to log out when you finish.

Tar

A

Sangye
06-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Tar? :confused::confused:

andrew
06-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Tar = Ta = Thanks :)

Sangye
06-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh... then, tar!

andrew
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
.....furries

crackers
06-14-2009, 10:52 AM
being a computer idiot i haven't got a clue what you are talking about but thanks anyway.
john.

coffeelover
06-15-2009, 04:24 AM
being a computer idiot i haven't got a clue what you are talking about but thanks anyway.
john.

I'm with John. Totally confused actually!
Lisa

Luce
06-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Basically if you leave the forum without logging out or just don't click any links on the site for a while, after a certain amount of time the site logs out for you. This prevents someone else from pretending to be you. The downside of a 15 minute log out time is that you could walk away from your computer to make a cup of tea, or even spend 15 minutes composing a forum post and when you go to hit send you've been logged out.

Now you've got two hours which should be enough time for even Doug to get all his thoughts together!

andrew
06-15-2009, 06:05 AM
That is unless you check the 'remember me' box when you log in. If you do that there's no time limit.

Luce
06-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Ah, that's why it doesn't happen to me :D

Doug
06-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Basically if you leave the forum without logging out or just don't click any links on the site for a while, after a certain amount of time the site logs out for you. This prevents someone else from pretending to be you. The downside of a 15 minute log out time is that you could walk away from your computer to make a cup of tea, or even spend 15 minutes composing a forum post and when you go to hit send you've been logged out.

Now you've got two hours which should be enough time for even Doug to get all his thoughts together!

Wishful thinking! 1. I'm retired, so I operate on sun time, not the clock, 2. something else, 3. what was I talking about???:)

Sangye
06-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Doug, I almost just laughed raisin bran into my nose....:D:D

Doug
06-15-2009, 11:45 PM
I understand there are these gizmos you can use to irrigate your sinuses. Less abrasive than raisin bran, though less nuitritious. :)

Sangye
06-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I'll be sure to have one handy when I'm reading your funny posts! The "raisin bran to nasal membrane" absorption rate being so low and all.... Not a good avenue to get one's daily fiber.

Doug
06-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I'll be sure to have one handy when I'm reading your funny posts! The "raisin bran to nasal membrane" absorption rate being so low and all.... Not a good avenue to get one's daily fiber.

How about calcium absorption from milk then? There must be an upside here!?:p (All this talk about snorting food through your nose is making me hungry! I'm leaving this site to make some high fiber, minimally inflammatory breakfast. Mmmmm. And yes, Lisa, I will have a large mug of coffee made from straight Kona bean I'll grind myself. Yum! Here's to you! Speaking of nuitrition and vitamins, I'll be "C"-ing you!)

jola57
06-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Doug I share my steaming cup of Harrods tea, much better than coffee for you (sorry Lisa) Now i understand why I couldn't post today, although I just clicked on new posts and was bumped out

Doug
06-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Doug I share my steaming cup of Harrods tea, much better than coffee for you (sorry Lisa) Now i understand why I couldn't post today, although I just clicked on new posts and was bumped out

I love a fragrant Darjeeling any time of day, but I guess the Harrod's must be a nice above-average breakfast blend. Mmmm! Meet at your place next week for tea and breakfast. I'm bring my Scottish great grandmother's scone recipe, but not the one for haggis, which doesn't sound good with tea anyway. (I suspect haggis contributed to the discovery and perfection of that famous Scottish disinfectant, single malt Scotch whisky. Mmmm!) ;)

Terri
06-17-2009, 10:59 AM
You mean someone can pretend to be me?:eek:
Why would any sane person want to impersonate a weggie????:rolleyes:
:cool:I'd gladly give them me on these high doses of Pred.:D

Just kidding. I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Doug
06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
You mean someone can pretend to be me?:eek:
Why would any sane person want to impersonate a weggie????:rolleyes:
:cool:I'd gladly give them me on these high doses of Pred.:D

Just kidding. I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Well, WG is our worst enemy, aside from being our BFF, a characterization we use when talking in front of it, but not when it's not in the same room.... so, in that case, WG can walk a mile in our shoes, think about the misery it's caused us and thousands more over the years, come back, mutated into some benign thing that is useful, say, in that it lives in our guts and cellates heavy metals out of our bodies so our floaters sink to the bottom of the pool when they exit our hippo arses. In that way, the plankton that thrive on bacteria can flourish, feeding the fish that.... Oh that's a different eco-system, isn't it? "Hippo arses" kinda threw me off.

The stuff coming our of my brain today makes me think I'm having a delayed reaction to Prednisone! I promise: this is the last thing I write until I get a good night's sleep. I lost track of time last night, then it was morning. Gad! Believe it or not, I was not the class clown! (I was the mousey, quiet kid with glasses.)

jola57
06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't stop, in the funny way you write is a gold mine of truth about us

Doug
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Jolanta- Thanks, but you shouldn't encourage me!:p

jola57
06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
can't sleep ha, me too, its 11:30 and my eyes are closing but when I try to sleap its a no go

coffeelover
06-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Doug and Jolanta,

I drink both coffee and tea. Coffee is my start of the day and good for you tea is the afternoon and end of the day.
So no apologies necessary.
coffeelover (and tea lover too)

Doug
06-18-2009, 12:58 AM
I come from the tea drinker tradition on my mother's side, and a nice spot of tea does taste good later in the day! :p:)

jola57
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
I drink tea at all times of the day, just love the taste. I do drink coffe but mostly decaf, caffeine doesn't agree with me. I like a latte with chocolate, mmm yummy, just like the raspberrycheesecake ice cream I had today

Sangye
07-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey Andrew, ever since I got back online with the group, it doesn't "remember me" each time. I had erased all the cookies, so figured that explained the first time. But it's ongoing. Everyone else seems to remember me! Whassup with the actual forum? Does it think I was ignoring it all that time? Do I need to bring it chocolate and roses?

andrew
07-14-2009, 12:13 PM
It's still hurt that you were away so long. Same thing happens with my wife when I'm away more than a few days :-)

Are you clicking in the 'remember me' box when you log in?

Sangye
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I've clicked the little box. I've clicked it each time. If I ignore that home page and just go to New Posts or something, then it signs me in and shows an accurate log of new posts. If I don't, the home page shows lots of new posts (the little N in the subject area). So I figured I'd better write an apology to the forum :

Dear forum : I'm sorry I was away. I didn't mean to be. I was trying to get back to you, I promise. Every night I looked up in the sky and made a wish on a falling star that I would find you again. There is no one but you. I love that you're blue. I love that you allow me to put my dogs on my avatar. I love that you have all the best smileys and that you allow us to deviate from the thread topic and talk about things like snickers in hot banana muffins. You're the nicest forum ever. Please forgive me and take me back!

Jack
07-14-2009, 03:24 PM
It behaves in exactly the same way with me. I just ignore it now and click on New Posts to log me in.

Doug
07-14-2009, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pimdpgeVobE

(for the Francophiles in our midst, double-click on the 14th July extravaganza above)

Same as Jack, but I always assumed that was the forum's way of telling me, "Oh no! Doug's here again!" :D

Incidentally, Lisa Coffeelover is arriving around 3 pm today from Aspen, CO, a fairly stiff journey. I hope to share a cuppa joe with her and her husband in the short time they'll be able to be here, and the plan is to make a video to share with you all of actual Weggies meeting and talking with each other! I'm pretty excited: I've had the disease over six years, and this is the first time I will meet anyone with WG! It's not clear, yet, how it will be to meet another one of us rare critters, but the video will consist mostly of two Weggies with their jaws dropped, and no words coming out of them, I'm sure! Stay tuned!

Sangye
07-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I think a psychiatrist should study us.

Jack
07-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Careful Doug! They keep us apart for a reason you know.

Weggie critical mass!:eek:

(perhaps Sangye is right about the psychiatrist)

crackers
07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
scientific rumour has it that the big bang came about through two or more weggies coming together when scorpio was aligned with mars.
john.

Doug
07-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Not to forget the "Wedgie Protocol", i.e. standing behind the victim, grab his or her (less commonly- this is a guy thing) underpants' waistband, and yank upwards sadistically. It never is clear which we are: wegg ee or wedj ee. I think I have it straight (and hope Lisa Coffeelover has it straight), but if either or both of us makes a mistake about it, there could be a mushroom cloud over western Nebraska! Ha! :) p.s., Alliance is GMT -7, if you want to anticipate the tremors. p.p.s The coffee and my pills have had about an hour to kick in, and there may be some truth to Jack's supposition about my prescriptions' strengths.

Sangye
07-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah, don't be grabbing Lisa's underpants waistband. She's a coffee drinker, and you're a tea drinker. The caffeine muscle power is tipped in her favor.....

Doug
07-15-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah, don't be grabbing Lisa's underpants waistband. She's a coffee drinker, and you're a tea drinker. The caffeine muscle power is tipped in her favor.....

Plus, she's over 10 years younger and will be here with her husband, who, presumably, will side with her in any encounter. Oh, yes, I have been drinking plenty of coffee, black and strong enough to knock a cowboy off his pony, in anticipation of this day! The older you are, the more you have to use strategy to counter any advantages of youth! :)

Luce
07-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Woah woah woah, what alternate reality have I wandered in to???

andrew
07-15-2009, 03:07 AM
Careful Doug! They keep us apart for a reason you know.

Weggie critical mass!:eek:

(perhaps Sangye is right about the psychiatrist)

Yes Jack, I'm reliably informed that two of us cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Something to do with a rupture in the fabric of space and time.

Doug
07-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Yes Jack, I'm reliably informed that two of us cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Something to do with a rupture in the fabric of space and time.

Tremble you mortals as the collision is within three hours of happening! Lisa Coffeelover and her husband are eating lunch in Sterling, Colorado as I write. We have spoken on the phone. The encounter is on time and on track. It will happen, ,it will happen big (what with all the Prednisone we've consumed or are consuming.... woot!). Lisa Coffeelover notes she has been fueling herself with gas station coffee. I take pity on her. She will have coffee at my apartment that is made from batch-roasted, freshly-ground coffee beans. She will have coffee that is strong and rich and restoring. Perhaps that will be sufficient to counteract the physics of the fabric of time and space. (Without doubt, thanks to the Prednisone, we will add the gravity to warp time and space to our bidding: BEWARE! (...and send all of your earthly moneys to the following address....):p

Doug
07-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Woah woah woah, what alternate reality have I wandered in to???
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14&stc=1&d=1247597152 (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14&stc=1&d=1247597152)

Approach with caution....!

Luce
07-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Wow Doug, that's almost a full face reveal!

Even if there is a hint of Donnie Darko about the pic :o

What has Lisa let herself in for???

andrew
07-15-2009, 06:04 AM
I see by the pic there Doug that you're having a flare. What extra meds are you taking? :D

Sangye
07-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Well clearly, he's using something for hair growth. Um, that might be misspelled....

Luce
07-15-2009, 06:42 AM
LOL Sangye!

Doug
07-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Wow Doug, that's almost a full face reveal!

Even if there is a hint of Donnie Darko about the pic :o

What has Lisa let herself in for???

Why do you suppose she's coming with her husband!? Ha! Anyway, the arrival is in less than 30 minutes now. Even I am concerned. :)

Doug
07-15-2009, 06:45 AM
I see by the pic there Doug that you're having a flare. What extra meds are you taking? :D

Carotene, and lots of it!

Doug
07-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Well clearly, he's using something for hair growth. Um, that might be misspelled....

I could use a some "hares" on top of my head! :)

Doug
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
The pot of coffee was fresh and ready when Lisa Coffeelover, her husband Dennis, and their two doggie kids arrived. It was an uneventful meeting: from the standpoint of nuclear physics, there was no mushroom cloud!

Lisa and I sat down to make the video, which runs for over 20 minutes- without sound...! I managed to turn the microphone off at some point before we talked. Pity. It was a masterful discourse, with the wisdom of the younger Weggie meshing with the wisdom of the older: it was a Weggie tour de force, which in brilliance outshown the most perfect diamond in full sunlight! Gad, we were good! All the more the pity that I didn't notice the microphone was turned off.... You'll just have to take my word of the brilliance of our talk. Believe me, we were great!

Lisa is lots of fun, her husband Dennis shared the best Lena and Ole jokes I've heard in a time, and their dogs behaved like they were raised in Buckingham Palace! They drank the coffee, the dogs lapped the water, and we drove to Carhenge, one of the mysteries of the High Plains. Lisa walked to the Carhenge, Dennis and I talked in the parking lot. I invited them to stop by any time they wanted to since they do have friends in Colorado.

I plan on using part of the tape, soon as I work out the voice over technique, to tell how two Weggies, happy, apparently in the best of health, still are Weggies. I'll work on the text.

The video aside, it was great fun to meet Lisa and Dennis. I enjoyed the talk. I enjoyed the normality of the visit. I enjoyed meeting the family pets. I enjoyed the little outing to the quirky Carhenge. ("There's a place in England like this," as one English wag put it in a visitor comment.) I'll post a bit of the video so you can see Lisa and me together, proof that Weggies can, indeed, collect in smallish groups and not cause serious disrupion of the planetary order.

p.s. Both Lisa and Dennis spoke well of this forum and how it helped them work through Lisa's illness. They noted how the stories others posted helped them with knowledge and encouragement.

What a wonderful day this has been! I didn't see a leprechaun or a unicorn, but I did see another Weggie enjoying her new normal, without a trach! Only another Weggie could appreciate exactly what that means. May you all have days like this soon, and for a long time!

crackers
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
doug and lisa,so glad you had an enjoyable visit.at least it proves two weggies coming together does not mean global meltdown.it's like y2k all over again.now doug,be honest,are you sure that switch was "accidently"turned off,or was it so you could talk about the rest of us without being heard :D.seriously, glad you found it enjoyable.i'm quite envious really.
john.

Sangye
07-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Maybe the switch was "accidentally" turned off because their meeting really DID warp the time-space continuum, and they didn't want us to hear the panic in their voices until they could straighten out the fabric of time again. (Where is this coming from? I'm not even on pred....)

I'm glad you had a great visit, too. Next year in Jerusalem!! (Oh wait, that doesn't apply here, does it? :o)

Doug
07-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Maybe the switch was "accidentally" turned off because their meeting really DID warp the time-space continuum, and they didn't want us to hear the panic in their voices until they could straighten out the fabric of time again. (Where is this coming from? I'm not even on pred....)

I'm glad you had a great visit, too. Next year in Jerusalem!! (Oh wait, that doesn't apply here, does it? :o)

Erm.... Maybe that's why Lisa was offering her avatarish Pomeranian pooch for sacrifice at Carhenge. It truly is a confused moment in time.

Doug
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
doug and lisa,so glad you had an enjoyable visit.at least it proves two weggies coming together does not mean global meltdown.it's like y2k all over again.now doug,be honest,are you sure that switch was "accidently"turned off,or was it so you could talk about the rest of us without being heard :D.seriously, glad you found it enjoyable.i'm quite envious really.
john.

And well you should be! Lisa and her husband are great fun, very nice people! Their pooches are very well-behaved. Even I was on my best "company behavio(u)r"! I am sick about the audio, and am trying to salvage something out of the video. Geez!

In the meantime, here's some entertainment to tide you over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gfZwejPv8

(p.s. I hope my English friends can open this....)

Doug
07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
YouTube - Lisa Coffeelover Visits Alliance, NE (USA) July 14, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJoFhdm_c8w)

After heroic struggle, I managed to get something up on YouTube, showing the historic meeting of Weggies Lisa Coffeelover and Doug! Sorry aout the aspect ratio issue. Everything I know to fix it failed, but I learned quite a bit along the bloody (sanguinary) trail. If not what I needed to know, it should help in future. I hope to bring together a much better copy of the video, but don't hold your breath!:confused::mad::):rolleyes:

andrew
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Excellent production! Thanks!

Doug
07-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks, Andrew. I'm sorry the audio was lost to incompetence with the webcam, but it gave me a chance to try to learn which editing program of a handful on my computer should be used and which won't help me with my tasks. Lisa, Dennis, and their two dogs (one was left home) all were a great deal of fun to meet, and I look forward to future visits one place or another. For that matter, now tghat I know nothinbg seriously wrong will happen, I hope I can meet others on the forum. It was a great, positive thing! I'm still smiling and thinking about the two, things we talked about, the fun of meeting Lisa's avatar in the pooch, so to speech. Ridley is a very mild dog. I can't remember the name of the black lab, but she, as is the nature of her breed, too is very mild and sweet. All are welcome to visit me anytime!

Jack
07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Great effort there Doug! :)

How does Denis manage to beam around your house, Star Treck style? Does he make the same sort of noise when it happens?

That's a very dodgy looking urine sample you wave around at the start of the clip. I'd get that seen to. ;)

crackers
07-16-2009, 09:25 PM
well done doug.thanks for the effort you put in.
john.

Sangye
07-16-2009, 11:27 PM
That was great, Doug! Nice to see evidence that the universe can indeed tolerate two Weggies in the same room without imploding.... :D

Doug
07-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Great effort there Doug! :)

How does Denis manage to beam around your house, Star Treck style? Does he make the same sort of noise when it happens?

That's a very dodgy looking urine sample you wave around at the start of the clip. I'd get that seen to. ;)

Thanks!

Actually, it's sort of a "whoosh", but not that loud at all. I imagine he can do it even while the dogs and Lisa's asleep and not wake them up. It comes in very handy, he assures me, in his night job as a defender of humanity and resident Super Hero in Saint Peter, Minnesota.

As for the urine sample...you know best!

Glad you in England were able to see the video, such as it is. I hope Lisa and I inspire some of the rest of you to try a video of your meetings with other Weggies. Of course, you have to meet other Weggies first!:)

Doug
07-17-2009, 02:10 AM
well done doug.thanks for the effort you put in.
john.

It would have been a lot less effort if I hadn't screwed up on the audio! Speculation about the conversations Lisa Coffeelover and I had under the cover of silence, however, are true, very true! Again, I'm glad you in the UK can view it.:)

Doug
07-17-2009, 02:17 AM
That was great, Doug! Nice to see evidence that the universe can indeed tolerate two Weggies in the same room without imploding.... :D

Only in laughter! We had a very relaxed, fun time! Even Dennis' "whooshing" around my apartment didn't seem to interrupt the flow and mood of the day. Ridley the Avatar Dog posed happily so you all could enjoy seeing him as a living Super Being. Oh- I forgot to mention that when Dennis is out "whooshing" around saving humanity in Saint Peter, Ridley, with his little doggie booties and Superdog Cape and Mask "whooshes" with him! They had to get back to Saint Peter the next day, so Dennis' super powers came in handy, I'm sure as that's a long drive from Custer, SD, where they stayed the night.:rolleyes:

Luce
07-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Excellent - things I love about your video:

Lisa's glasses, very funky
Lisa's dog, especially when it settles down on Doug's couch
Spongebob Squarepants lurking in the background
Lisa's lack of any visible scar from the trach
The enormous pint sized mug of coffee Doug has given Lisa
Lisa looks like she's about to drop off to sleep at the end!

I did chuckle, great entertainment you two!

Doug
07-17-2009, 03:27 AM
:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gnMmct78lc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gnMmct78lc)

Thanks for your input, Luce! You saw3 all of the good thing but one: the tail of the Coffeelover's sweetie pie black Lab sticking up behind Lisa and me and a little better view of her face toward the end. I was unaware that Ridley tried out the couch until I viewed the video, but he was welcome to rest there since he didn't try to rip my leg off. Ha!

p.s. Were I better at editing,this video (link above) woulod have been the intro to the other video.

Luce
07-17-2009, 04:11 AM
I did spot the black lab's tail but forgot to mention it - will watch the other video now...

crackers
07-17-2009, 04:22 AM
i think we have steven spielbergs' lesser known brother in our midst.welcome doug spielberg.
john

andrew
07-17-2009, 07:34 AM
I think Spieldoug or even Dougberg would work as well :)

crackers
07-17-2009, 08:30 AM
yeh i like spieldoug.it's got a certain ring to it.come to think of it,didn't he make "close encounters of the weggie kind"
john.

Sangye
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Spieldoug--LOL. No, at the last minute he decided to use aliens instead of Weggies. He was worried it'd be too scary otherwise--that it'd make grown men cry like little girls.

But the two ideas--aliens and Weggies--got all mixed up together in his mind eventually. I mean, you all saw that mousepad, right?

crackers
07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
sangye you could be right.imagine a couple of dozen pred fuelled weggies on the big screen,it may be just too much for the human race to handle.but what about in 3D :eek:
john.

coffeelover
07-18-2009, 04:45 AM
Hello everyone from Coffeelover Lisa. Whew! We had a whirlwind of a trip and lots of driving. We started by visiting friends in Vail, Colorado and took many mini trips with them to view the beautiful mountain sights.
Then of course I wanted to see Doug so in the words of "Supertramp" we took the "long way home". (boy does that song date me!) and went to Alliance, NE before venturing towards the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Contrary to what you may believe, Doug is a very nice person and I thank him profusely for his wonderful hospitality. His coffee making is great and as you could see by the video, I was starting to look sleepy. It gave me the kick I needed to finsih our journey for that day.

I did not know my lovely "Brinley, not Ridgley" was sitting on his couch. I truely apologize for his poor behavior. He is used to making himself at home wherever he goes. I "spoil" him according to my husband.

I found "Carhenge" most fascinating and fun! I met some people there from Houston Texas who were there because they googled "funny places to see". Fascinating that people actually would travel to such a silly event!

I am glad Luce likes my glasses. I tend to be "out there" with the newest fashion craze. I look at old pics of me and wonder "what was I thinking? I am sure that will occur in a few years when looking at pics of me with these glasses.

Again, Doug Thank you for your hospitality! You know you could just tell our fellow Weggies that they are losing their hearing faster than they thought and they would never know that the mic was turned down???:p

I encourage others to meet if it becomes possible. I know my house will always be open to visitors, especially Weggie visitors.

LIsa

Doug
07-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Contrary to contrary opinion, I'm not really nice, but thanks, Lisa Coffeelover for obfuscating the point. Or was that me??? Brinley understands the meaning of "hospitality" and "open door" and "carte blanche" and "welcome mat". If the couch fits, sleep on it! No harm done, and next time, I will invite Brinley to "take a load off" and enjoy the couch. Dogs carry a heavy burden, as you know. You're welcome, Lisa! I enjoyed meeting you and your husband Dennis, your Pomeranian Brinley, and your black Lab, whose name I forgot instead of just misheard! You all were wonderful houseguests. I have no plans to move just in case you come through again! Ha!~ I can only second Lisa's invitation to any and all Weggies: if you are in the area, stop by and I'll try to show you something of interest or point you in the right direction if I know of something in the area. It was a magical time. I had no idea what to expect and it turned out to be just a couple people who knew each other through the forum meeting. :):):):)

Sangye
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Carhenge is nice and all, but I'd REALLY like to see something like this :

http://ihasahotdog.com/2009/07/21/cute-puppy-pictures-mystery-puppyhenge/http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cute-puppy-pictures-mystery-puppyhenge.jpg?w=500&h=460

If any of you live nearby it, I'll pack my bags and be on the next flight out. :D

coffeelover
07-23-2009, 06:02 AM
PuppyHenge? really now! As per Doug's instructions I posted pics of Carhenge and of course of Doug and myself.

Doug
07-23-2009, 06:22 AM
...awwww! Too cute!:):):):)

coffeelover
07-24-2009, 05:01 AM
We are "cute" for pred people!
Now Doug, I need help changing my avatar as I have tried numerous times with no success. Maybe my pics are too large?????
Lisa and yes I love Coffee!

Doug
07-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Lisa- there is a size limit on avatars, but I seem to have found the way to post just about anything I take with my webcam. Anything I take with my Nikon L18 is too richly pixelated (sorry for creating my own techno-jabber) to fit the requirements. If it is greater than 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5 kb, it won't load as an avatar. Maybe Jack knows how to slide them in!:(:confused::)

Jack
07-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I resize my images using Microsoft's Powertoys Image Resizer. Google for it - I believe there are versions for both Vista and XP. This allows you to right click on an image and select Resize Image. You can use the Custom setting to get 80 X 80. It then files a reduced copy of your picture with a suffix to its name back into the same folder that it came from.
Handy for reducing images for eMails and Web site posts.

Doug
07-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Jack! I've downloaded a copy (free) and will see what I can do to decorate this and other sites with appropriate-sized photos! Hope this helps you, too, Lisa Coffeelover.:)

andrew
07-25-2009, 04:36 PM
If it is greater than 80 x 80 pixels

Actually 80 x 80 seems a bit restrictive. I've upped it to 120 x 120 and 40kb in size. See how it goes.

Sangye
07-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Wow, the universe really IS expanding.....

Doug
07-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Actually 80 x 80 seems a bit restrictive. I've upped it to 120 x 120 and 40kb in size. See how it goes.

...not if you could see what we can upload now! Wow!:eek:

Jack
07-26-2009, 07:09 AM
The world of High Definition comes to the Forum!
Imax and 3D next. :D