PDA

View Full Version : If you ever have trouble accessing the website...

andrew
03-16-2013, 10:05 AM
From time to time and with or without prior notice I may mess about with this site or server settings that make things 'better'. From time to time the things that I mess with may mean that you're temporarily unable to access this site.

Note that if you see a message that reads something like "Down for maintenance - back soon" you just need to do nothing but wait and the site will return. If you see something awful and unrecogniseable like an error message or even another website (as happened last year) then the read the following and bookmark the link below for later reference.

If the aforementioned awful and unrecogniseable things occur you should clear your browser cache to ensure you are getting the updated website and your browser isn't searching for an older 'version'. For the un-initiated, by 'browser' I'm referring to Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox etc.

Don't know how to do this? That's ok, here's a guide (bookmark it for later reference). Just click on your browser version and follow the instructions:

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache (with screenshots) - wikiHow (http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache)

Debbie C
03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Still not getting e-mails:sad:

DEE
03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Havent had emails for months ! Cant go directly onto the site ,having to use an old email with sites address to get onto it. Hope this makes sense .

Dirty Don
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Delete this site, then do as Andrew suggests (heck, may as well clean up the entire computer at that point: cookies, registry, etc.), then restart, then re-install this site. That should help...some...ahhhh, there's my coffee!

andrew
03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Delete this site, then do as Andrew suggests (heck, may as well clean up the entire computer at that point: cookies, registry, etc.), then restart, then re-install this site. That should help...some...ahhhh, there's my coffee!

Yep! As Don says, go through the clear cache procedure for your browser and see if you can access the site any better.

As for the emails I haven't made the change yet. Will do it in a couple of days. I wanted to maximize the number of people that would read this thread first :)

Debbie C
03-20-2013, 12:02 PM
I think I wait and see if Andrew can fix it cause all I now how to do is type and read !!!! Blonde hair runs in my family !!!!!