PDA

View Full Version : Some of you are not receiving emails from this website

andrew
03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi all
Some of you have contacted me about not receiving notifications of updated threads, private messages etc. One of the other websites on this server was hacked recently and was used to send large amounts of spam (we're talking several hundred thousand messages per day). Consequently it was put on email blacklists which unfortunately affected email from this website as well, due to us both being hosted in the same place. The offending website has been disabled and it's owner chastised.

So, I'm doing two things:

1. I'm working on getting us off all email blacklists
2. I'm doing some work on the server to get hopefully get us around the problem in the mean time while the blacklists are updated.

As a consequence you may find that this site 'disappears' for a little while. If this does happen, keep calm and carry on ;) It'll be back! I anticipate it will only be a very short time of unavailability anyway.

Just so you lot know what's going on :)

crackers
03-15-2013, 12:01 PM
thanks for the info Andrew.
john

Jaha
03-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Thank you Andrew for all you do for us. This site is so valuable to all of us.:thumbsup:

julia
03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Thank you so much for this site Andrew. If you are ever in the States I will buy you a drink.

andrew
03-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Julia - start saving up for my drink :) Looks like I might be there in 2015 :)

andrew
03-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Wow that didn't come out right LOL - I was referring to my expensive tastes in Vodka *sigh*

andrew
03-16-2013, 10:06 AM
aaaannnnddd....when I make the change I mentioned, you may need to do this:

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/website-issues-feedback-announcements/2947-if-you-ever-have-trouble-accessing-website.html#post66947

pberggren1
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Please come to the Western World, northern half. We would like to meet you.

Alysia
03-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Andrew,
This place is amazing !
Are you the one who created it first ?
I try to send a message and my "sent box" shows 0 items.
Is this part of the problem or my handling of computer ?
DRZ, this is message to you, to thank you for your message.

annekat
03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
When you send Private Messages, there is a way to have your sent messages saved so you can review them later. I lost some of my sent messages, after sending them, before figuring that out. It was just changing a preference setting, checking a box or something.

mishb
03-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Julia - start saving up for my drink :) Looks like I might be there in 2015 :)

Me too Andrew - Graceland here I come :thumbsup:

andrew
03-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi Andrew,
This place is amazing !
Are you the one who created it first ?
I try to send a massage and my "sent box" shows 0 items.
Is this part of the problem or my handling of computer ?
DRZ, this is massage to you, to thank you for your massage.

Hi Alysia
Thanks for the complement :)

Actually, one of our other members, Gwenllian started off the original forum back in 2007 I think. It grew and morphed into this one in 2008 and kept growing from there.

Your message would have gone through to DRZ. There's a setting you need to change to have sent messages saved in your sent box.

1. Click 'settings' at the top right of the page.
2. On the left hand menu in the resulting page, click 'general settings' (it's under the 'my account' heading).
3. on the next page there's a 'private messaging' section. Scroll down until you see an option called "Sent Private Messages"
4. click the button next to the option "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"
5. scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'save settings' button - it's on the right at the bottom.

All done! All your sent messages will now be saved.

Alysia
03-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Hi andrew,
thanks. Im learning here all the time, not only about WG ...:smile1:

andrew
03-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Okeys everyone the change I referred to in my original post is going to happen during this weekend (Australian time). So if you try to access the forums and you get anything other than the forums, that means I've been messing about under the hood :)

If you clear your cache and it still doesn't work, wait a few hours and try again. If it still doesn't work, rinse and repeat :)

andrew
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Ok the change was applied a few hours ago and I see a few of you have made your way back :)

annekat
03-25-2013, 02:41 AM
Well, shoot, it worked great for me.... I was up half the night messing around, posting to threads, etc., didn't know it was happening, and never felt a thing! Thanks, Andrew.

andrew
03-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Okey do...anyone still having issues receiving emails (eg notification of thread replies and private messages) from the site or accessing the site?

Debbie C
03-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm still not receiving e-mails:mad1:

andrew
04-02-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm still not receiving e-mails:mad1:

Gaaaaa!!! ;) sorry Debra I'll keep looking into it.