PDA

View Full Version : Breast involvement?

Jaha
03-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Has anyone had or heard of WG being in your breast? I'm not sure what's happening yet,but I have been having itching and burning along with lumps since I had singles, on that side last April. I did have a mamo and there were signs of calcifications. I look it up online and found that there could be such a thing happen. I guess the next move is to get an ultrasound done. I just wondered if anyone knows anything about this subject.

Jaha
03-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Sorry I am on heavy preds and posted this to the wrong thread! Can I move it?

Sangye
03-07-2013, 02:07 PM
One of our Aussie members has had significant breast involvement, though it took her doctors awhile to admit it if I remember correctly. I think it's Natalie, but it's been a long time since she mentioned it.

Alysia
03-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi Jana,
maybe I have it. sometimes I have pains in my breasts and feeling of "lumps". I did some memo this years, Ultra Sound and even one biopsy with no results. I wonder if it because of pred or WG....

carriej22
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Ok - boob talk.

I thought I was just crazy; but my boobs pain often. Like... Even just the motion of walking or if I snap up too fast they hurt. They have grown a bit since the weight gain and I put it onto that; but I have always had huge boobs.

I have only noticed it lately.. The past few months. I thought it may be something to do with prednisone

Sangye
03-08-2013, 08:42 AM
It's most likely due to the prednisone disrupting the entire endocrine system. Progesterone and estrogen need to stay balanced or you develop breast lumps and cysts. If it's Wegs it would cause ulcers in the tissue, which is what our forum member experienced. Wegs affecting the breasts is very uncommon.

carriej22
03-08-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm on birth control pills; so I imagine that would stabilize the hormones some but who knows.

All I know is I have sore boobies :)

I've noticed it more that I've gotten down to 5mg... Maybe my body is revolting lol

Sangye
03-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Unfortunately birth control pills create a lot of endocrine disruption because they're synthetic hormones. The synthetic progesterone (progestin) in them is a big troublemaker.