PDA

View Full Version : The Nearly Useless Flu Shot

Sangye
02-22-2013, 01:07 PM
The CDC reported that this year's flu vaccine was only 9% effective in people over 65 and only 56% effective in children and adults. They didn't list immune-compromised separately, but it would be even less effective than in the elderly because its best case scenario is only 30% effective, while in seniors it's supposedly higher. What is especially remarkable is that this year's shot was considered an excellent match for the circulating viruses. We were told this all season, as an extra reason to go get that shot.

Here's the article
Flu vaccine barely worked in seniors | NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50890438/#.USaZvR04vTo)

What upsets me even more than them terrifying people into taking toxic shots is that they do nothing to educate people about maintaining proper levels of Vitamin D-- a proven preventative for flu with zero side effects.

I'm not saying that everyone who gets the flu shot is doing so out of ignorance-- not at all. Many people make well-informed decisions, having studied both sides of the issue. But I'm fairly certain that the majority of people are not doing that, and making a blind medical decision about vaccination is encouraged by the medical profession as a whole. Really upsetting. :thumbdn:

pberggren1
02-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I feel the same way Sangye. I know so many around me that get the flu shot every year and I try to point them to stuff that shows that the vaccines are useless and actually harmful but most times I am laughed off as a quack.

I hope I am never in a situation again where I have to chose like I did with my implants.

watersedge
02-24-2013, 03:50 AM
I never took much notice in regards to vaccinations until lately and started to read up on the side effects and what they contain like heavy metals, scary stuff. There is a really good website called natural news.com that my sister told me about and they are very informative about all that kind of stuff, the articles are very interesting.

Sangye
02-24-2013, 03:58 AM
My favorite vaccine info website it NVIC.org. Their goal is for people to make informed decisions about vaccines. They have a vaccine ingredient calculator, which shows the content and amount of vaccine ingredients (listed by manufacturer).
http://www.nvic.org/

watersedge
02-24-2013, 04:11 AM
Great, i'll have a look at that

Jaha
02-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Sangye,

Thanks for the link.

Jana

Shannon
03-02-2013, 08:57 AM
I put my foot down this year and did not get the flu shot. After reading your post I am very happy that I did not. I got a typical head-cold, but living in a cold-weather state that is to be expected at least once during the winter months. I had an appt today and they were still pushing the shot and I just laughed. I mean, why push it now when the flu season is winding down and word is out that it wasn't that effective.

annekat
03-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I put my foot down this year and did not get the flu shot. After reading your post I am very happy that I did not. I got a typical head-cold, but living in a cold-weather state that is to be expected at least once during the winter months. I had an appt today and they were still pushing the shot and I just laughed. I mean, why push it now when the flu season is winding down and word is out that it wasn't that effective. Me, too, Shannon, not letting myself get talked into the shot! I, too, got a typical head cold, also common in a damp, though not nearly as cold, climate, like here. No big deal, I got over it, though it may have triggered a minor flare, but that would have happened anyway....