PDA

View Full Version : Sonalkiss- Developing therapeutic treatments for neurological & auto-immune disorders

HopeinTN
01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
I hI thought I'd share this site with you guys. Jonathan Kerr, the Founder is a close friend and co-worker of mine. I don't know a lot about it as he just shared it with me today. Just wanted to share.

Sonalkiss (http://sonalkiss.com/)

Take Care!

mishb
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
That looks interesting.
I'm glad he managed to include WG into his list of AI conditions

Dirty Don
01-31-2013, 03:43 AM
I downloaded the app...they don't explain how to use it very well. The concept & technology are along the same lines as 'white noise' applications for calming, except they have chosen to use a different set of scales of 'noise'. Does it/can it work? They don't explain that very well...but as I said before...unless something is obviously dangerous, I'll give it a shot.

HopeinTN
01-31-2013, 03:46 AM
I can't wait to share any feedback with him. He's a really cool dude that has a neat way of thinking.

HopeinTN
01-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Hey there Don- I shared your thoughts and this is what I got. I think it's in the beginning stages, and a work in progress.

"That is great to hear!  Thanks for sharing the word!  There will be updates for the apps coming in the next few months that build in a social community (saving settings, rating settings, comments on observed effects, etc).  But the real intention in the apps are for those currently researching the same topics as we are.  These tools weren’t readily available in a concise package, so that is why we built them.  There are several "devices" that we have been working on that will couple up with these apps.  That is where the real value will be seen outside of the research community.  Since the apps were launched, I have seen a steady download rate day after day.  These downloads are from people in the community proactively seeking out these types of tools for their research.  But, with the volume of new users added daily, I know building the community aspect into the app is becoming increasingly critical.  2013 will see a more community-driven, therapeutic model as we become more prepared to finalize and release our studies.  This is when those seeking alternative therapies will be able to start utilizing our tools the way they are intended. Hope that helps paint a picture of everything.  In essence, the brunt of Sonalkiss’ effort will be revealed over 2013."

Dirty Don
01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Thnx Hope...makes sense...the entire site seemed a bit vague to me. I wish them the best in their progress & research!

NicShaf
01-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks for sharing, HopeinTN. It sounds very interesting and hopefully promising, I just wish they explained more of what it is...but I guess if they told everyone what they were doing, someone else could make money off their research, so I don't entirely blame them for not divulging more info.

HopeinTN
01-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes Nicshaf and I hope to share more as it actually developes.

renidrag
02-01-2013, 01:52 AM
I wonder if this web site and content has anything to do with the lady looking for information a few months back? Just looked at home page but will go deeper later.
Dale

HopeinTN
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
I doubt that the two are related since it's only 3 guys right now. Also, Jonathan would have certainly mentioned it to me and we've never talked about this forum. I'm sure he would have told me if he came across it on his own, in case I wasn't aware of this site and all it has to offer.

Good thought though and I do remember that.