PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

KtheC
06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Well the back and side ache are a bad gall bladder.
I am scheduled for surgery to have it removed on 6-16. All my doctors are extremely supportive of the procedure and as it turns out I got one of the best surgeons in the state. All say I should be back to normal in about a week and doing my normal activities in about 2 weeks.

Sangye
06-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I hope it goes well for you.

I hope I'm wrong about it, but those are healing times for an otherwise healthy person. It might take longer for you to get to those same levels. I hope it doesn't, but just a heads up.

KtheC
06-06-2009, 10:35 PM
I have to be optimistic. I have been best case so far and I want to continue that, part of it is mindset. I have had the correct mindset through the whole thing. I will recover as fast as every one else has:)

andrew
06-07-2009, 06:48 AM
It's great you have a positive attitude! That will help in your recovery. Good that they've found a cause and it can be dealt with. So much unlike many other things that happen to us! :)

jola57
06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Positive attitude will surely help, glad they found the cause and it's simple to take care of.

Doug
06-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes, A positive attitude! Also, gall bladder operations aren't as grim as they were in the day they split you open like they were fileting a fish or dressing a deer, so get on with it, have an infection-free recovery, and keep us posted! :)

KtheC
06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Everything went very yesterday. Got to the hospital a little early,
Only had to wait about 10-15 minutes before going to the back to pre-op.
When I went into the operating room I lay on the table and about 2 minutes later I was out.
Woke up and started recovery. I knew immediately that the gall bladder was gone, all the pains associated with it were gone as well. Even the I was sore from the surgery.
So now this is day one of getting back to normal:)

crackers
06-17-2009, 10:57 PM
that's good to hear.my wife had the same op a few years ago so don't try to do too much too soon.
john.

coffeelover
06-17-2009, 11:38 PM
best of luck with your recovery. I am so glad youa re feeling better already
Lisa

KtheC
06-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks!:) I really appreciated everyone's support.

Doug
06-18-2009, 01:19 AM
KtheC- Wow! You must have had a top-notch surgeon! Incredible how they do gall bladders these days. Congratulations on great pain control, too. That in itself is great news. :)

KtheC
06-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Here's an update! So I woke up the morning after surgery and had a slight pain in my shoulder (trapizeisis) spelling? muscle. It went right up to my ear.
Left side. I thought I just slept wrong.
Thursday morning same problem, but now I start to get a small fever. This is taken care of by tylenol.
Friday morning more pain and fever. I call the surgeons office to explain the problem They say that this is unusual, go to the ER.
Off I go, luckily the wait is only about 20 minutes. When I get in, I explain my weggies history as well as the surgery and the shoulder, ear problem. I also go on to explain that I think it is some type of inner ear infection, and that ear infections are common with us wg's.
She checks out my ears and says that there is no inflamation and the ear drum looks good. It is also common for there to be weird side effects as far as muscle discomfort and pain when having laproscopic surgery and that this is all that it is. Total time just over 1.5 hours. Not a bad ER visit.
I go home take a short nap and wake up with 101.8 temp.
Call my GP, explain what happened. He clearly thinks something else is wrong and that there is an infection. He says to have himself called the moment I am seen.
To the ER, arrive at 4:30pm 3.5 hours later, I get admitted and seen. After consulting with my GP it's decided to keep me over night, being a weggie and all, they have to be sure. 2 CT scans and and x-ray, they finally decide it's and ear infection, what I have told them all along and the give me some anti-biotics. They said that becuase of the surgery they had to make sure they ruled everything out that could be surgery related first.
I finally get assigned a room about 12:30am.
Not a very good night of sleep, get to go home around 10:30 the following morning.
So now I have 9 days worth of antibiotics to take to get rid of this, but the surgery is healing nicely. heh
Hopefully I am done with ear infections for a bit.

jola57
06-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Same story for me when last year I had the painful burning feeling in both legs and started my neuropathy, wennt to ER and after 3 hours was told it was nothing just a side effect of pred, went home and woke up again in the night couldn't sleep kept putting legs up than over the edge tried to sleep sitting up then down again, finally in the morning my left foot went wonkers and resulted in a dropped foot. It has never been right again. I keep thinking that if they maybe did something maybe my foot still be OK