all ok except my liver is playing up.

dr has dropped pred from 5 to 2.5

hope i dont flare.

my mum is dying slowly she hasnt eaten anything..... its the dememtia

janet

mishb
01-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow Janet, that's no good.

I didn't think pred effected the liver - I thought it helped :unsure: Could it be from the chemo?? Mine was from taking multi vitamins

Be careful on your reduction from 5 to 2.5 - I am doing the same reduction but very slowly.
My aunty tried, just the other week, to get from 5 to 0 over an 8 week period (as prescribed) and was in all sorts of trouble......she is now back on 5 and feeling much better........thanks to Dr. Phil :biggrin1:

I'm so sorry about your mum. I hope you can and have shared a wonderful time with her, while she is still here.

Take care

drz
01-18-2013, 05:07 AM
all ok except my liver is playing up.

my mum is dying slowly she hasnt eaten anything..... its the dememtia

janet

Are you on any other meds that might be affecting the liver. I had to cut back on a statin drug when I went on azathiopirne.

Sorry about your mom. Losing someone that way is like losing them twice.

greenjanet
01-18-2013, 05:15 AM
thanks im on methotrexate 20mg

jola57
01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
It's from methotrexate, once I lowered to 7.5 from 20, my liver is doing fine

jeniban
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Sorry to hear your health problems. Dropping your prednisolone at this stressfull time may not be a good idea. sorry to hear about your mother, I know how hard it is see a parent with dementia and consequently passing away. Keep close contact with your Dr as stress can increase your chance of flaring. i know it did with me. thinking of you during this worrying time:unsure: