PDA

View Full Version : Lightwarrior in.Hospital

Lightwarrior
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I had fabulous going away party on Friday. I went home up and my daughters woke me up because K had a 103.5f° temp. They called my private care physcian who told them to get me to the ed. After some push back from me they got me here. A chest xray showed pnx and lab work showed a 4.4 latic acid which is indicitive of sepsis. Needless to say I was admitted. Yesterday I pushed for a CT scan of the chest. I don't think the doc who gave in had a clue of what wegene'rs is but as a courtesy to me he ordered it. Well it came back showing pnx, and two blood clots.

So know I have
sepsis
uti
Cellulitis
2 blood clots

Wish me luck

drz
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Here wishing you good luck for a quick recovery. Sounds like a bad experience but hopefully things will get better now the problem is more clear to everyone. Lots of healing lights and thoughts headed your way.

Kathie28
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
What terrible news when it rains it pours with this disease. Hang in there. I wish you a very quick recovery.

mishb
12-17-2012, 03:01 PM
You are in the right spot Lightwarrier and I'm sorry to say, I hope they keep you there until things start looking up for you.

One day we will get those cartwheels out of you, but until then.........please take care of yourself and let others do the worrying for you.
We are all thankful that your family are so vigilant, you have taught them well

All the best

pberggren1
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Oh my goodness Light! This is serious. Where are the clots?

DEE
12-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery DEE x

Dirty Don
12-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Best to you Light...hang tough...thinking of you...

crackers
12-18-2012, 02:24 AM
sorry to hear of your situation but at least you're in the right place.get well soon.

john.

RudiK
12-18-2012, 04:40 AM
Good luck, Light, wishing you a speedy recovery. Rudi K

JeanMarie
12-18-2012, 05:19 AM
I hope this gets under control qiuickly.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pete
12-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Hi Light!

Hope you recover quickly with no further complications and can enjoy the holidays at home.

Hammy8241
12-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh Lightwarrior! Is this just an attempt to avoid having the family over next week:).

Please behave yourself and don't 'pinch' to many Drs Butts. Gods speed and get yourself home fit (ish) and under control.

xx

Jennie
12-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Hope you start to feel better soon!

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Jennie

me2
12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Lightwarrior,
I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you. It sounds like you are getting good care.

Psyborg
12-19-2012, 12:16 AM
I really need to read on the weekends :( I'm praying for you Lightwarrior.

annekat
12-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Oh, Light! I just saw this. It's alarming, but sounds like YOU have a handle on it, even if the doctors need a little education from you about Wegeners. Sending you back the healing light you are always sending out! Praying for a quick recovery and to get you home for Christmas. Keep us posted! :hug1:

renidrag
12-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Best to you. I know it will all work out.
Dale

HopeinTN
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Get well soon! And yes, please behave.

Debbie C
12-20-2012, 02:28 AM
My gosh Light ...sorry you are so ill (especially with the holidays ) but so happy they found out the problem in time and are working to fix it. My prayers are with you...get well soon !!

marta
12-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Light, my Warrior friend,

I just saw this. How crappy but they have no idea the powerhouse that has entered their midst. That doctor is lucky to have you help him out and I'm sure he will listen with more open ears and mind from now on. Take care buddy and watch out for that healing energy light I'm sending to you right now. From my light to your light.

I'm with you in spirit.

Big hugs and a quick recovery, show'em how WE do it.

m

jola57
12-20-2012, 04:38 PM
You and me Light, except you are very ill, me just foot surgery. I look at it as further ed for oblivious medical staff. Ask and ye shall receive, keep asking for diagnostic tools necessary they are treating you as an ordinary patient, but we all know how extra ordinary we are. Get well, I'm sending some of my strength to you, hope we are both home for Christmas

chrisTIn@
12-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Here 's a flower for you.
Get well soon, Lightwarrior!

http://www.animaatjes.nl/msn-plaatjes/msn-plaatjes/bloemen/avatar_bloem_animaatjes-390.gif (http://www.animaatjes.nl/msn-plaatjes/)

rif
12-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Lightwarrior and keep nagging the hospital staff to treat you properly.

Rif

Hammy8241
12-22-2012, 08:54 AM
The days are passing and no news from Lightwarrior. I can only think of three reasons why there is no updates:

1. Memory loss
2. The hospital made an error, gave Lightwarrior an weeks all paid hoilday and she's sitting on the beach some where with a 'pimms' in hand
3. or perhaps there is a battle going on somewhere in the hospital.

One has to suspect it's no 3. I'd be pleased to be wrong (so long as I get a postcard). But please humor me and turn up those thoughts guys and lets get her out of there:)

annekat
12-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I've been wondering, too! Anyone heard from Light, please let us know!

mishb
12-22-2012, 06:35 PM
She appeared to be on fb a few days ago so I'm hoping she is fighting on (it could have been a family member).

I have sent her a message to let her know that we all miss her and look forward to positive news.
Hopefully we hear from her soon or as Hammy has suggested, she is on the beach somewhere........ and doesn't have reception for electronic devices :biggrin1:
This is my hope and if not on the beach then somewhere else lovely (other than the hospital, would be good).

My prayers are with her

mishb
12-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Light got out of hospital yesterday.

She is still not doing very well at all and will give us an update when she can.

Until then, let us all send her our best prayers and wishes (and extra healing light) so that she may enjoy this Christmas season, feeling a little more comfortable.

Take care, everyone, especially over this Christmas/Holiday/Silly Season.

Palmyra
12-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Power to our friend Light Warrior! May you find much curative rest and healing over the Holiday. We are thinking of you dear lady!

annekat
12-23-2012, 03:44 PM
We love you Lightwarrior! May you get better each day and be able to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. You mean a great deal to us! :love:

Lightwarrior
12-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh my goodness Light! This is serious. Where are the clots?

RIght upper and lower lobes

Lightwarrior
12-25-2012, 05:59 PM
You and me Light, except you are very ill, me just foot surgery. I look at it as further ed for oblivious medical staff. Ask and ye shall receive, keep asking for diagnostic tools necessary they are treating you as an ordinary patient, but we all know how extra ordinary we are. Get well, I'm sending some of my strength to you, hope we are both home for Christmas

Thanks for the strength, I feel the warmth and love coming from all of your directions. My temp is still trying to hit the 104f mark every day and I have to go back to the hospital every day for my antibiotic infusion. It was either that or stay an in-patient and I feel so bad that it was hard to monitor and teach. So I am at home with my incredible family giving me strength and energy.

You guys can not imaging how much your light and energy has pulled me through this one.

pberggren1
12-25-2012, 07:59 PM
You sure scared us Light. Those blood clots are very dangerous.

I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas with your whole family.

mishb
12-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm glad you are back on board Light, but you should be resting up

I have a few days off from work so you can have all my spoons for the next few days, I will just sit back and relax and therefore will not need them

Take care and Merry Christmas

annekat
12-26-2012, 03:33 AM
I don't need much in the way of spoons, either.... so use as many of mine as you need, but don't overdo it! Hearing from you is a great relief..... more power and light to you!

Debbie C
12-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Glad you are home and with your family.Sit back and relax and let them wait on you. Hope you feel better soon.I'll say a prayer for you.

Jaha
12-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Lightwarrior,

I haven't been on here for a long time and I am so sorry you had to go thru this awfull scare and sickness. I hope everything continues to improve for you, it is truly amazing what a body can take and still keep on fighting. All my thoughts,prayers and love to you and your family. Hang in there girl and please rest and take care of yourself. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones

Sangye
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Oh man, Light. I hadn't checked in here in a couple weeks but you've been on my mind a lot. The last time I heard you were having trouble walking up your driveway. That's exactly how I was when I was dx'ed and I knew you were not okay. Thank goodness they figured out the culprits. More prayers and love coming your way. Please keep us updated as best as you can. :hug2:

KathyB
01-03-2013, 03:45 AM
I, too, have been off the site for a couple of weeks and see what you've gone through! It's comforting to know you are improving! What a wonderful support system you have both at home and here on the forum! We are all sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! Hope to hear more good news very soon!!

KB

annekat
01-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Thinking about you, Lightwarrior, and hoping to hear soon that you are recovering and doing OK! :smile1:

jola57
01-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Thinking of you and sending more warm thoughts your way :)

renidrag
01-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I would really like to hear from Light, it has been a while. Anyone see her on Facebook or other social media?
Dale

Sangye
01-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Light is rarely on Twitter but she hasn't checked in there, either. I'm so worried at this point.

mishb
01-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Her fb page says that she is still in hospital and that the doctors will let them know on Monday, if she can come out.

- obviously things didn't get any better at home.

I hope all is well Light and that you can update us when you can.

Please continue to send energy and prayers her way

Sangye
01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks Michelle! I don't have her on FB.

annekat
01-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh, Michelle, thanks so much for letting us know! Just hearing something about her and that she might get to go home pretty soon is great! I've been thinking about her quite often, while doing things like driving around town. My prayers and thoughts WILL continue to go out to her. :biggrin1:

alexciasmom
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
O man I hope you get better soon. I wish the best for you and yours.

Lightwarrior
01-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Oh, Michelle, thanks so much for letting us know! Just hearing something about her and that she might get to go home pretty soon is great! I've been thinking about her quite often, while doing things like driving around town. My prayers and thoughts WILL continue to go out to her. :biggrin1:

Thank you all for your light and energy. I just got out of the hospital. I had a urinary tract infection,cellulitis,bilateral pneumonia, two pulmonary embolisms and an inr of 8 which went to 10.1 after two units of packed red blood cells and eight units of fresh frozen plasma I am sitting here in the outpatient infusion center twice a day getting 1.5 grams of Vancomycin and one gram of Invanz. These infusions are wearing me out. I am convinced that the energy you all and my friends and family here are sending is what is keeping me alive. I feel so weak and you all are so important to me..keep that energy coming
:hug3:

Lightwarrior
01-14-2013, 04:57 AM

Thank you all for your light and energy. I just got out of the hospital. I had a urinary tract infection,cellulitis,bilateral pneumonia, two pulmonary embolisms and an inr of 8 which went to 10.1 after two units of packed red blood cells and eight units of fresh frozen plasma I am sitting here in the outpatient infusion center twice a day getting 1.5 grams of Vancomycin and one gram of Invanz. These infusions are wearing me out. I am convinced that the energy you all and my friends and family here are sending is what is keeping me alive. I feel so weak and you all are so important to me..keep that energy coming
:hug3:

Hammy8241
01-14-2013, 05:02 AM
Yehhh girl. Keep kicking ass, we are all here supporting you. :):thumbsup:

Sangye
01-14-2013, 05:06 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry, Light. What an unbelievably difficult time you're having. I'm happy to see you, though. Hang in there. You'll be better. :hug2:

drz
01-14-2013, 05:07 AM
Light:

If you can survive the treatment things will get better. Hang in there!

annekat
01-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Light, I'm so glad to hear from you!!!:thumbsup: I'm sorry to hear you are still not completely out of the woods, and I will continue to send my share of that healing light and energy!!!

Dirty Don
01-14-2013, 05:17 AM
Spoons, light...and the kitchen sink Light...am rootin for ya! Go Light, go!

JeanMarie
01-14-2013, 05:47 AM
Light - so glad to hear from you-at least you are out of the hospital--good thoughts & fiery energy coming your way.

mishb
01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Oh, there you are :biggrin1:

Gosh you have had us worried...........now, stick around and don't go anywhere, ya hear

Seriously though, I'm glad you are out of those hospital beds, but would prefer that you were all better and enjoying your new retirement. This is not the way it was planned.

All our energies are being sent to you from Australia and across the globe to help you continue to fight

pberggren1
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Good to see you back light. You must have superhero blood like me. You are quite the fighter.

drz
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Good to see you back light. You must have superhero blood like me. You are quite the fighter.

Batman blood? Really Phil?:confused1:

pberggren1
01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I had a blood transfusion as well. Spiderman let me have some of his.....lol. I got radioactive blood now....lol

drz
01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
I had a blood transfusion as well. Spiderman let me have some of his.....lol. I got radioactive blood now....lol
hope Light got some of it too. That ought to be real high energy stuff!:smile1:

pberggren1
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Actually, the radiation kinda depletes most of the energy.

HopeinTN
01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Good vibes your way Light! Get to feeling better soon.

Psyborg
01-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Keep fighting Lightwarrior. Good to hear from you, but so sorry you are having the difficulties. I will keep you in my prayers.

renidrag
01-15-2013, 01:36 AM
Good to hear from you Light, sending thoughts and prayers every day. Remember you are also a Warrior. Keep going.
Dale

chrisTIn@
01-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Wonderfull to see that you 're out of the hospital!
I hope you 'll feel stronger day by day. :smile1:

DEE
01-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Thinking of you. Take care DEE x x

rif
01-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Good news on your return home Lightwarrior and hope every day you are taking forward steps

Rif

Debbie C
01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Glad u are home just wish you felt better. Will say a prayer for a sunny day for you so you can collect more light to fight your battle !!!

me2
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Wow, have you been in the trenches Light. Keep up the good work and we will keep glowing for you. I have radioactive blood too, but for different reasons than Phil- all medical.

marta
01-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Light, you're quite the lady. Most mortals would have thrown in the towel but not you. Keep up the good fight and come out of this to your old self so that you can tell a tale of strength and survival. My thoughts and energy coming your way. You're in my thoughts - alot. I've been in China so didn't have too much computer access - just got home last night - and I'm happy to read that you're not in an 'institution' any more but home where the truly best healing happens. Big love coming your way.

RudiK
01-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank God you are back home and start feeling better, Light. I'm praying that you will get back to normal as normal as a WG patient can get.

jola57
01-18-2013, 08:17 PM
That's another home made chicken soup on its way to you. I hope you are feeling better and better.