PDA

View Full Version : HELP 6 year old with lose tooth.

alexciasmom
12-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Help my 6 year old daughter has her first.lose.tooth. But she will not go to dentist, wiggle it, or let me pull it. Any ideas on what to do with her?

Pete
12-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Don't worry. It will get looser and will come out with little assistance from her or you. The more important question is what the local Tooth Fairy will pay for teeth found under her pillow?

Brooke
12-13-2012, 04:56 AM
That's funny you bring that up, my 6 year old boy has his first loose tooth! I agree with Pete, it will get looser and looser and eventually fall out :) She won't go to the dentist? Has she ever gone? I took my son when he was around 2. He loves it because he gets a prize when finished.

mishb
12-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I agree :drool:

The very first one is always a big deal though, but just leave it be..........you will find that she will be tempted to wiggle it and it will eventually come out.
The first of many :biggrin1:

Yes, what does the Tooth Fairy bring?

alexciasmom
12-13-2012, 03:36 PM
That's funny you bring that up, my 6 year old boy has his first loose tooth! I agree with Pete, it will get looser and looser and eventually fall out :) She won't go to the dentist? Has she ever gone? I took my son when he was around 2. He loves it because he gets a prize when finished.
o yeah shes been allot to the dentist not that she has bad teeth. i just started her going with first tooth to get used to going. she has had one cavity and had it fixed. shes a angel for him she is just being weird with this every time it bleeds she freaks. the other tooth is out of gums behind the old.

alexciasmom
12-13-2012, 03:50 PM
hmm i dont know what to do about the tooth fairy. i made a pink tooth bag. but i really dont wanna do money every bit of change or bills she gets she puts it in her many piggy banks then it goes in her savings. so i wanna do something she can enjoy now. if i give money and tell her its o to spend she still puts it in bank she is saving all on her own for a year to go to disney world. she has saved 600 in about a year. I am not complaining at all i love shes a saver but she needs to lve some in moment and spend a little on herself now. about half the money she earned for allowance and such but the other she has found on ground change, she earns from fam, and she can talk almost anyone out of there change.

drz
12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
hmm i dont know what to do about the tooth fairy. i made a pink tooth bag. but i really dont wanna do money every bit of change or bills she gets she puts it in her many piggy banks then it goes in her savings. so i wanna do something she can enjoy now. if i give money and tell her its o to spend she still puts it in bank she is saving all on her own for a year to go to disney world. she has saved 600 in about a year. I am not complaining at all i love shes a saver but she needs to lve some in moment and spend a little on herself now. about half the money she earned for allowance and such but the other she has found on ground change, she earns from fam, and she can talk almost anyone out of there change.

How about a gift certificate with expiration date?

Sangye
12-16-2012, 10:50 AM
It's great that she's a natural saver. Maybe just get her a small toy for losing her tooth?

Palmyra
12-17-2012, 04:17 AM
"..o yeah shes been allot to the dentist not that she has bad teeth. i just started her going with first tooth to get used to going. she has had one cavity and had it fixed. shes a angel for him she is just being weird with this every time it bleeds she freaks. the other tooth is out of gums behind the old."

Hi Alex's Mom...I am in dentistry and just saw this post. The eruption of the permanent tooth ('out of the gums behind the old') might be a problem. Normally, the incoming permanent tooth is what causes the root of the 'baby' deciduous tooth to resorb or dissolve. The deciduous tooth then becomes loose and and the permanent tooth erupts into its former place. If the erupting permanent tooth is 'out of line' it may be that only part or none of the baby root has resorbed. It may need a little help from your dentist.

Do your best to reassure her that a little blood in this situation is normal and that she is becoming a big girl now, with big teeth. A 'pedodontist' has many skills to help kids have positive dental experiences. Many general dentists also have some kid friendly tricks up thier sleeves. What ever you do, don't lie to her about any dental visit. If she has an older friend that can go with her on that visit, it may help her confidence.

alexciasmom
12-30-2012, 10:36 PM
"..o yeah shes been allot to the dentist not that she has bad teeth. i just started her going with first tooth to get used to going. she has had one cavity and had it fixed. shes a angel for him she is just being weird with this every time it bleeds she freaks. the other tooth is out of gums behind the old."

Hi Alex's Mom...I am in dentistry and just saw this post. The eruption of the permanent tooth ('out of the gums behind the old') might be a problem. Normally, the incoming permanent tooth is what causes the root of the 'baby' deciduous tooth to resorb or dissolve. The deciduous tooth then becomes loose and and the permanent tooth erupts into its former place. If the erupting permanent tooth is 'out of line' it may be that only part or none of the baby root has resorbed. It may need a little help from your dentist.

Do your best to reassure her that a little blood in this situation is normal and that she is becoming a big girl now, with big teeth. A 'pedodontist' has many skills to help kids have positive dental experiences. Many general dentists also have some kid friendly tricks up thier sleeves. What ever you do, don't lie to her about any dental visit. If she has an older friend that can go with her on that visit, it may help her confidence.
two days later she let me put gum numb stuff on her tooth and pop it pulled right out, shes got a appt next week for check up with dent. thanks all your great!!!!

Palmyra
12-31-2012, 03:19 AM
Yea!!!!! Best case scenario!!! Very glad it worked out the 'simple' at home way!

alexciasmom
12-31-2012, 10:02 AM
o my goodness. i just found out she's got another loose tooth. :confused1:

Sangye
12-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Humans have 20 baby teeth. Are you gonna freak out every time she loses one? ROTFL :biggrin1:

alexciasmom
12-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Humans have 20 baby teeth. Are you gonna freak out every time she loses one? ROTFL :biggrin1:
Well it depends on her. If she's going to be a emotional basket case every time, anything touches it like food, toothbrush, and air. For two to three weeks each time well then yes I will!!!! Lol. And I don't freak out I just like to get everyone's opinions on everything... Yeah that's what it is. Lol

Sangye
01-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Have you read any children's books with her about losing teeth? I know there are some great ones out there.

alexciasmom
01-01-2013, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=Sangye;65000]Have you read any children's books with her about losing teeth? I know there are some great ones out there.[/QUOT
yeah i have read books, online, and her dentist. i like asking other moms, dads, and what ever. i thing i just like to come up with stuff to talk about to others. juat to talk. is that ok??? ;-)