PDA

View Full Version : Have You Had Blepharoplasty (Eye Bags Surgery)?

TOBEY32
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Had an inquiry w/ a doctor today. She said that (because of things like prednisone) I could possibly need to repeat the surgery in approx another year, because the "fat" could return. She also said (because it was near the eye), if the surgery didn't heal properly, (or healed too slow) it could turn into infection. She said she wasn't totally discouraging me, but wanted me to know those 2 possibilities.

Have you had this procedure?

David

Dirty Don
12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
A female friend of wife's has had it. Worked great...as far as we can remember, she was told all the same things...just a precautionary warning, I'm sure. Don't think she was on pred though.

TOBEY32
12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
As I've mentioned before, I've had "baggy" eyes all my life, but meds, or weight gain, or Weg's has made accentuated them. Have no plans right now to do anything, as the money's not there, but I can dream and hope. I wouldn't let the pre-cautions stop me, or even if they "came back" in time.

David

drz
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I suspect this type of surgery would fall under cosmetic surgery and not be covered by most insurance plans. I know surgery to repair droopy eyelids is not covered by my plan unless it starts to seriously interfere with your vision but then that limitation also applied to to my cataract surgery. Wasn't covered until I failed vision tests.

Dirty Don
12-09-2012, 04:26 AM
There's actually a designated percentage/measurement for droopy eyelids interfering with vision that most docs and insurance companies go with...then it's covered but only that...no extra tucks around the corners or anything!! LOL! I believe the measure is something like covering half your retina or similar. Has to be blocking functional vision. Anything else is cosmetic. So, I'm not sure the bags underneath would be covered as drz suggests. Maybe so if the doc says they are connected...

smitasharma54
07-29-2013, 10:40 PM
I am considering having transconjunctival eyelid surgery and would like to hear your opinions on this surgery. From what I read is sounds great. What do you think?