PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Day!

drz
11-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I know this is an American Holiday but heard some other places have started doing it too.

It is a good time to practice gratitude and give thanks for the good things we still do have. I know I am much better today than I was a couple years ago shortly after diagnosis and trying to get into a drug induced remission.

I am also very fortunate in many other ways compared to most of the people in the world as a brief review of world news will confirm.

What are you most thankful for in your life today?

chrisTIn@
11-22-2012, 08:50 PM
We don't celebrate it here, but I wish everyone in the USA happy Thanksgiving!

I agree with you it's good to practice gratitude, drz...
I'm also much better then I was a few years ago, and my Wegener's symptoms are at ease at the moment,
so I'm very grateful. :smile1:

rif
11-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Wishing all of you in the US a happy thanksgiving.

The thing I am most thankful for is our fabulous NHS Doctors and Nurses who saved my sons life when he was initially diagnosed with WG and spent many weeks in Intensive Care sedated and attached to a ventilator and numerous machines, he nearly died several times during that period but their skill and dedication in keeping him alive is something I can never repay. I know the NHS has issues over here but they were and still are responsible for keeping my son alive.
They gave me my son back.:hug3:

Rif

mishb
11-22-2012, 10:38 PM
No thanksgiving celebrations in Australia either but I do wish everyone in the US a happy, safe thanksgiving.........and I will be there on Saturday to help you all celebrate :thumbsup:

There are so many things that I am thankful for...........thankful that I found this forum, for one, when I was first diagnosed. It was a life saver, knowing that I didn't have to believe what google told me. It did take me a while to join though.
I am also thankful for all of you.
I am thankful for the miracles of medicine and medical breakthroughs and the thought that one day we will all be in remission, because of them.

Good health to you all

Pete
11-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Drz, ChrisTIn, Rif, and Mishb,

Like you, I'm grateful to have found this forum for the friendships, advice, hope, and support it provides. I'm also grateful for the support of my family, great doctors, and effective medications. All of these have enabled me to lead a life that is pretty similar to what I had before I got sick.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

annekat
11-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm thankful for the health that I do have, despite Wegs. And I'm thankful for the existence of this forum. I can't imagine dealing with Wegs without it.

Debbie C
11-25-2012, 03:19 AM
I am also so thankful for all of you to talk to, I was so scared when first googled and read about this but everyone lets me know there is life after wg.
I am also thankful I still have my mother and other family members still alive to love.

Dirty Don
11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
I am also so thankful there is life after wg.

Debra, you are sooo right about the thankfulness...my WG experiences have certainly transformed some curmudgeonly ways I used to have & hold to! But, sadly, there is a mistruth here: at this time there is no life as we know it after wg...sighs...we all hope for more, but not at this time...