PDA

View Full Version : Was put back on Bactrim

Debbie C
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Went to see my reumy at CC Monday and all my blood work came back good (YEA!!!!) and I asked him if I could be lowered down on Pred. to 2 1/2mg.,but he sad since that was the only thing that is keeping me in remission it wasn't a good idea. Then he put me back on Bactrim as a back up. I took it today and slept all afternoon...if that's the effect it's going to have on me I'm going to take it a night. I also saw my ent last week about the small hole I had in the side of my nose and he sad I had a small stafph (sp) infection and gave me antibiatic cream to use but when my reumy checked me over Monday said my nose looked fine.Sooooo I don't know what to do since I was supposed to use that cream twice a day for 2 weeks.Now I also have to go get an MRI of my brain and ortis (behind my eye) because the eye dr. says it is buldging out 4mm and the reumy wants to make sure there's no mass there. Never a dull moment !!

annekat
11-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Interesting, Debra.... good to hear from one who has the advantage of being near enough to CC to go there... Bactrim doesn't make me sleepy, I don't think... Does the hole in your nose go through the skin? I'd probably use the antibiotic cream your ENT gave you, just in case...

Pete
11-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Apparently, drowsiness is one of the uncommon side effects of bactrim. That was news to me, as I've always taken it in the morning. I've noticed no problems with bactrim. I did have some issues with immuran and after longer term use of cytoxan.

chrisTIn@
11-02-2012, 08:26 AM
...my reumy checked me over Monday said my nose looked fine.

Huh? The ENT said you have a staph infection and the reumy also checked your nose and said it looked fine?
Did you talk it (the advice of the ENT) over with the reumy?
If I were you I 'd probably reconsider it, and ask advice again.
Bactrim also fights (staph) infections. Maybe a higher dose of bactrim will also take care of the nose infection.
Then you won't have to use the antibiotic cream.
Wonderfull to hear that your bloodwork looked fine! :thumbup:

Good luck with the MRI-scan.

Debbie C
11-02-2012, 12:09 PM
After thinking about it the only thing bad about my bloodwork was that my Vit D level was 102---100 is toxic so they told me to stop taking it,maybe thats what is making me sleepy.They had me on 50,000 units a week down now to none.

As far as my nose goes the hole is cleared up its just real dry..I'm thinking from the weather and having the furnace running.I go back to the ent on the 11th.

I'm trying to take more natural things..has anyone tried that "Go Greens" every once in a while I take Barley tablets and fish oil tabs and calcium with zinc.I'll try anything to keep me off that other crap !

annekat
11-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear the nose hole is cleared up!