PDA

View Full Version : Flu Jab

gwenllian111
10-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Hi

I had a flu vaccination on Saturday, and since then i've been getting chest pain.

Ritix gave me pneumonitis, and this feels the same!

I'm sure vaccinations have made me flare in the past, but I just can't call this one!

It wasn't a live vaccine, so it certainly doesn't feel like flu - it's just the pain I can't stand.

Thanks!

annekat
10-10-2012, 05:08 AM
That sounds a little scary! I just avoid the whole issue and don't get vaccinated. ( I think it's cute the way you Brits call them "jabs". We call them shots.) With kids, I can understand why it would be more of an issue. Anyway, I sure hope it's not a flare and that the pain goes away soon!

gwenllian111
10-10-2012, 05:21 AM
AH thanks! I love the American-ism's too. I still don't get 'tush' when I hear it on The Simpsons, lol.

I was talking to my 3 year old in the car earlier about school, and i said 'Oh, that's cool.' She said, 'don't say cool mum, say nice.' LOL. :) #gettingold

annekat
10-10-2012, 05:56 AM
AH thanks! I love the American-ism's too. I still don't get 'tush' when I hear it on The Simpsons, lol.

I was talking to my 3 year old in the car earlier about school, and i said 'Oh, that's cool.' She said, 'don't say cool mum, say nice.' LOL. :) #gettingold A "tush" is what you call a "bum". We have other words for it, too. "Cool" has quite a history here. It was the thing to say when I was a kid in the early 60's. Started by the beatniks, I guess. Then it was replaced by "groovy" and "far out". Then, it seems like around 1990, it came back, and has stuck around, along with "awesome"!