PDA

View Full Version : Twitter? Lol

delorisdoe
10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
When I first got my ipad twitter was one of the apps that came on it. I joined and did not get it so I removed the app and never gave it much thought. There was a recent update for apple and one of the features is that you can automatically tweet without opening the twitter app so I did. I thought it was funny that it allowed me to as I forgot I had an account. I wondered where did my tweet go. Well I just reinstalled it and low and behold that is where my tweet went. I am embarrassed as all I said was "meh". I am a genius. Anyway, I joined and am now following sangye Anne and Gwen. I have nothing to say but seems like I can now learn about some American politics. :love:

delorisdoe
10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
10 minutes and no followers!:bored:

Lightwarrior
10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
10 minutes and no followers!:bored:

Once I figure it out I will follow you. (meh??) LOL

delorisdoe
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I know right...I deleted it. I'm looking up Charlie sheen. He should amuse me!

mishb
10-04-2012, 09:25 PM
It took me forever to get on to facebook........I guess it will take me even longer before I am a twit :flapper:

Amusement from Charlie Sheen sounds good though

annekat
10-05-2012, 02:01 AM
10 minutes and no followers!:bored:I will follow you! In a hurry this morning but will make sure I get it done this evening..... Lightwarrior, you too..... just follow me and send me a tweet and I'll have the info needed to follow you. Also, Twitter will notify me who is now following me. Leigh, you will figure out things to say at some point!

annekat
10-05-2012, 02:02 AM
I think you would enjoy Twitter, Michelle!

delorisdoe
10-05-2012, 05:13 AM
I am on the fence but that may because I dont know what is going on

annekat
10-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I am on the fence but that may because I dont know what is going onWell, if someone sends you a Tweet, there is no obligation to send one back, but by participating, you will start getting a feel for it. I find it easier to deal with than Facebook because you can scroll through the tweets faster and ignore the ones you aren't interested in. If you do end up getting into conversations, it doesn't have to be in real time, though it's more fun if it is. Twitter will only take up a lot of your time if you end up enjoying it and tweeting a lot. If you don't follow a lot of people or have a lot of followers, it won't be too overwhelming either way.

delorisdoe
10-05-2012, 11:23 PM
well, charlie sheen has dissapointed me as he does not seem to tweet. It is however further proof to me that he was faking it all along and he was never crazy charlie it was an act to get out of two and a half men. of this i am sure

Sangye
10-07-2012, 05:12 AM
I'm just catching up on this thread though I can't blame Twitter. LOL

What's your Twitter name, Leigh? I'll follow you. And btw, if you delete a tweet, it takes it off of your timeline but since it's already gone out to your followers they will still see it. It can be confusing!

delorisdoe
10-09-2012, 07:39 AM
@leigh39622593

I don't remember why the long list of numbers. Also I'm boring to follow but I'd like to increase my #'s lol

Debbie C
10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't understand twitting either,then there'as a thing .. hashtagging ??? I just like things on my facebook,I only do e-mails!!

annekat
10-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I don't understand twitting either,then there'as a thing .. hashtagging ??? I just like things on my facebook,I only do e-mails!! Learn by doing. It's easier than FB in many ways. Easier to wade through tweets and you can unfollow anything that you are tired of seeing. I've clicked on some hashtags, which take me to a page of tweets on that subject. I haven't created a hashtag yet but I doubt there's much to it. It's not for everyone, though, maybe.