PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

gwenllian111
10-01-2012, 07:33 AM
I know this sounds crazy, but I can often tell when i'm going to flare because of the dreams I have.

Before I had my first flare up of WG, I had a vivid dream of being in the sea, and the waves drowning me. Something saved me (like an angel) and bought me back to the shore, while other people were taken out to sea for good. :sad: Exactly 12 months later, I was fighting for life in ITU. Now, whenever i'm about to flare, I have 'sea dreams.'

Anyone else have a sign before they are about to flare?

pberggren1
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
WOW! This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

me2
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
That is very interesting. My shrink is a Jungian Analyst and I work with him with my dreams. I told him that I had dreams that were related to flaring and my dreams were helpful in guiding my prednisone use. Recently he wrote a book and one chapter is about me and my dreams and our work with them. He gave me 'my' chapter to read and make any suggestions or corrections. It was well written (he has been published before) and I only had one suggestion as to how one part was worded.
The book is supposed to be published within months. I'll let people here know when it comes out. You can do like I do and ask your library to order it.
My dreams have been amazingly accurate and valuable. Often I'm not sure when something is a real flare or something else going on. For me, my flares are represented by fire in my dreams. Not every dream about fire means a flare not every dream about fire means I should boost my pred..
In an interesting dream I had a few months ago I had a dream about fire but the fire was contained and under control.
When I woke up and thought about it , it was very comforting because the dream acknowledged that I was having 'inflammation' (which I was consciously aware of) but that it was going to be under control. I kept my pred the same and got better.
I'll be curious to see the other chapters of the book and see what the whole premise of the book is. I haven't even asked except that I know it is about using dreams to work with illness.
The funny part is, he had started the book before I started going to him. I had already used my dreams this way in the past. I have been doing dream work most of my life and find it invaluable to get a preview of 'coming attractions'. I'm glad you weren't taken out to sea for good. If this were my dream I would say it was preparing you for being lost at sea and drowning but giving you encouragement that you would survive it.
I hope you are having good dreams right now like I am.

Sangye
10-02-2012, 03:18 AM
What a fascinating thread! I haven't noticed anything like this in my dreams but will pay attention better. The body has ways of letting us know when it's in trouble.

Lightwarrior
10-02-2012, 05:41 AM
What a fascinating thread! I haven't noticed anything like this in my dreams but will pay attention better. The body has ways of letting us know when it's in trouble.

Fascinating indeed!! I have not had any dreams around "flaring' I know that I have taught my children and grand children how to "pull" me into their dreams when they need help and I have always been able to change the direction my dreams are going. I'm going to have to think about how to help this current flare in my dreams.