PDA

View Full Version : What symtoms do you get before RTX?

freakyschizogirl
09-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Hi All

Just wondered if you get any unusual side effects the few weeks before your RTX is due?

Last time i had achy limbs but nothing extreme. At the moment i'm having problems with my breathing and last night i had night sweats - which is a first for me. I dont know if they are related to RTX infusion coming up but i'd definately attribute my symptoms last time to knowing my RTX is due.

Am i waffling?

KathyB
09-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Is it possible that with the impact of Rtx waning, your body needs more -- ?? I've heard of numerous protocols for Rtx treatments, many of which include 6 month time frames. Is that your timeline? That's been mine, although not this time due to IG tests showing low rates that Rtx would only make worse. So it's a "no go" for me.

KB

freakyschizogirl
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
I have RTX every 6 months too.

KathyB
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I have RTX every 6 months too.

I've mentioned this on a number of other posts re Rtx, but my immunoglobulin (antibody) rates are too low to allow me to have any more Rtx for now. But this is a first for me -- like you, I've had it in six month intervals (twice). But with the blood work showing the IG issues, my rheumy wants those levels to come up before he has me in for another Rtx round. The hope is I won't flare until then -- sorta wait and see. I hope you feel better soon!

KB

delorisdoe
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I've mentioned this on a number of other posts re Rtx, but my immunoglobulin (antibody) rates are too low to allow me to have any more Rtx for now. But this is a first for me -- like you, I've had it in six month intervals (twice). But with the blood work showing the IG issues, my rheumy wants those levels to come up before he has me in for another Rtx round. The hope is I won't flare until then -- sorta wait and see. I hope you feel better soon!

KB. I have ig level problems when on cytoxin...I get I ig treatments.

KathyB
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
. I have ig level problems when on cytoxin...I get I ig treatments.

Can you tell me more about your IG treatments, Leigh? Dosage, how often, etc. Do you know your levels before/after? What made your doctor decide to start the treatments? :unsure:

KB