PDA

View Full Version : sweating and weak

greenjanet
09-14-2012, 09:49 AM
me again from downunder.

Just asking if anybody has the same symptoms, I get weak and I sweat, drip down my back my hair gets wet i feel like everybody is looking at me its terrible. any suggestions.?:confused1:

Pete
09-14-2012, 10:15 AM
I sweat from the back of my head and neck from over exertion and excessive heat. Crushing fatigue and night sweats are symptoms of a flare for me.

pberggren1
09-14-2012, 11:09 AM
You could be flaring. I report all symptoms to my doc.

drz
09-14-2012, 12:52 PM
me again from downunder.

Just asking if anybody has the same symptoms, I get weak and I sweat, drip down my back my hair gets wet i feel like everybody is looking at me its terrible. any suggestions.?:confused1:

I have those symptoms a lot but for me it means a hypglycemic episode since I have diabetes and that makes my blood glucose levels jump around. I think pred might cause some similar symptoms but there can be other causes and should be checked out so they can figure out most likely cause and recommend some appropriate treatment or plan to prevent those episodes.

malin
09-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I sweat really badly from my hair/back of head when I'm out n about, like when shopping etc. Not really from over exertion but just moving around. It's horrible and I feel like everyone is just looking at me. The moonface doesn't help make me feel any better either :/
For me, I think the sweating is down to preds. I am on 40 mg at the moment and I remember last time I was on preds I had similar problems, it's a bit like hot flushes you might experience when going thru menopause or something. :(

drz
09-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I sweat really badly from my hair/back of head when I'm out n about, like when shopping etc. Not really from over exertion but just moving around. It's horrible and I feel like everyone is just looking at me. The moonface doesn't help make me feel any better either :/
For me, I think the sweating is down to preds. I am on 40 mg at the moment and I remember last time I was on preds I had similar problems, it's a bit like hot flushes you might experience when going thru menopause or something. :(

I remember some of those when I was in Nursing Home and on higher dosage of prednisone. A couple times the staff had to change my bedding and night clothes since they were drenched like I had spilled water on myself. The feeling of being way too hot and way too cold also happened at times back then and I could go from having no bed covers to asking for heated blankets to warm me up. Ah, the joys of Wegener's and side effects from the treatment. Good times?--nope, but it is great to now be able to look back at them and be thankful some things have changed for the better.

greenjanet
09-14-2012, 10:56 PM
yep thats it the same isnt it terrible

Lightwarrior
09-15-2012, 04:57 AM
yep thats it the same isnt it terrible

It is horrible. I am like this all the time but now that I am in the middle of a flair it is worse. I feel like I just want to go home and curl up in my bed with my boxer and pit and grand kids coloring using me as their table.

vdub
09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Check the side effects for your meds. I'm guessing some of them will have sweating as a side effect. I think about 7 of my drugs have sweating as a side effect. Yeah, I sweat a lot.... There are times when I'm in a social environment where I don't want to sweat, so I will actually put anti-persperiant on my head and face (really stings when it gets in your eyes). I have also switched out all of my shirts for dri-fit nylon polos.....

carriej22
09-15-2012, 12:51 PM
I sweat constantly unless I am doing nothing - it's so disgusting.

I don't sweat at night though, but if I am out or working I am sweating...

Lots of hairspray and a good backcombing.

vdub
09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I sweat constantly unless I am doing nothing
I think that's pretty much the way I'd describe my sweating. If doing nothing, I'm ok. Any amount of excertion and I'm sweating. I normally don't have night sweats. No night sweats is unusual for a "no pit" situation, but somehow I escape that. I'm usually very hot, tho. I sleep with half the covers that my wife does.... Often I'm on top of the covers. I hardly ever wear a coat.

Sangye
09-17-2012, 08:36 AM
How much pred are you on? That's usually the culprit for major sweating.

greenjanet
09-18-2012, 06:36 AM
thats exactly what happens to me

KathyB
09-18-2012, 08:12 AM
I also have bouts of sweating. A few times a day I get flushed, too. My face and neck are beet red and then I sweat some more! I routinely have night sweats and achy joints (especially knees) in bed. Crazy stuff!

KB

Lightwarrior
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Check the side effects for your meds. I'm guessing some of them will have sweating as a side effect. I think about 7 of my drugs have sweating as a side effect. Yeah, I sweat a lot.... There are times when I'm in a social environment where I don't want to sweat, so I will actually put anti-persperiant on my head and face (really stings when it gets in your eyes). I have also switched out all of my shirts for dri-fit nylon polos.....

On your face?? really are you serious? I quit wearing makeup because I sweat so much that it would just roll down my face, talk about ewwww

greenjanet
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
yes i dont wear makeup either as i just wipe it off, with the drips. i drip down my back its terrible as people just stare !!!!!

drz
09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
yes i dont wear makeup either as i just wipe it off, with the drips. i drip down my back its terrible as people just stare !!!!!

Just one more thing for us enjoy courtesy of WEGs and its treatment, right. There seems almost no limits to what this GPA and treatment can do to us and for us. I wonder if it is also causing global warning and political corruption too and all the other stress in our life.:biggrin1:

Lightwarrior
09-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Just one more thing for us enjoy courtesy of WEGs and its treatment, right. There seems almost no limits to what this GPA and treatment can do to us and for us. I wonder if it is also causing global warning and political corruption too and all the other stress in our life.:biggrin1:

By george, I think you have something there drz. :lol:

KathyB
09-21-2012, 02:33 AM

With all of us so hot and sweaty, you'd think we could solve some of the world's energy problems!!

KB

Psyborg
09-22-2012, 11:01 PM
I've been sweating a lot at night for the last 10 months at least. Every stinkin night :p I thought it was part of the flare, but after the flare fading it still persists. I think it was my imuran causing it as it started around the time I switch from MTX to imuran. Dr Villa-Forte doesn't think it is, but she suggested I try a week without imuran to see if the night sweats stop. I think it might be better, but only a few days in, but i sweated less last night than I have in a while.

Sangye
09-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Bob, from a holistic point of view imuran could definitely be causing the sweating. Imuran is tough on the liver and the liver meridian (acupuncture) is active during the night. So any irritation to the liver can show up as night sweats, insomnia, bad dreams, etc....